2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Jags and lescott were a good partnership ,

Yobo and weir and martyn ? Were they a group together ?

Jags and Lescott with Howard behind them will be most peoples pick I would imagine from Moyes' reign. Distin filled in nicely when Lescott left though and Heitinga was named player of the season one year.

Martyn would have had any 2 from Stubbs, Weir and Yobo in front of him. Martyn was great for us. Yobo was also a great buy but was prone to the odd mistake and we knew the issue with Stubbs and Weir. Despite them being good defenders they were both very slow.

He's a bit of an alien, he's that good.

But for 70-80m we must sell. Sell Onana too. Let the contracts expire and we've maybe got a chance of a solid rebuild.

Let's be honest, we don't need an elegant ball-playing CB under Dyche.
We really do need him. Our defense is completely transformed with him in it. He seems to be in exactly the right position to block every cross that comes into the box and he is excellent on the ball.

Take 3 point Psr deduction and keep him ;)
That's the way I am with it now.. unless it makes business and footballing sense ie being able to use the funds to improve the team, then screw the PL.
He's worth 10pts a season to us as part of the 4th best defense in the league, and he is still getting better so the money is there when we want to sell.
Screw selling him to top 6 side just to appease PSR.

Which is why we'll be saying our goodbyes this summer unfortunately.
I’m optimistic. We will need to make a sale, but if we get offers for him and onana, it’s an obvious choice which one.

And there’s not that much noise currently about us needing to sell before the end of June, like there was previously. So I’m not sure how desperate it is. But I’m not an accountant so I am likely wrong.

Don't do it to yourselves he won't want to stay and the club won't be able to turn down the offers that will come in its sad but its the way things are these days.
He shouldnt want to stay, why would he if has just an ounce of ambition.
This club is going in the wrong direction for players like him.