2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

I think he is perfect for City, a ball playing CB who wouldnt look out of place when asked to step into midfield for 60 minutes of a game.

….was thinking similar but I’m not sure if CB is priority. I can see him going to United. I know they’re not in great shape but they’re a massive global club and it’s only a matter of time before somebody turns them around.

He shouldnt want to stay, why would he if has just an ounce of ambition.
This club is going in the wrong direction for players like him.
Thats what I just said. He won't want to stay because the league is split into teams who can compete and teams who can't now maybe a few years back we could have tried to build a team around a player of his class and so turned into a much better team but it doesn't work like that now if he stays he will be finishing in the bottom half for the next few years and he's too good to waste his career doing that so he won't.

Thats what I just said. He won't want to stay because the league is split into teams who can compete and teams who can't now maybe a few years back we could have tried to build a team around a player of his class and so turned into a much better team but it doesn't work like that now if he stays he will be finishing in the bottom half for the next few years and he's too good to waste his career doing that so he won't.
I think he is that good he would get into most teams in Europe right now.
Youre right though he's far too good to plodding along in the bottom half of the PL with us for the next few years

….was thinking similar but I’m not sure if CB is priority. I can see him going to United. I know they’re not in great shape but they’re a massive global club and it’s only a matter of time before somebody turns them around.
I could see City offloading Stones because of his injury record and while his stock is still very high, then getting Branthwaite in to replace him.
I think they are very similiar although Branthwaite is way ahead of where Stones was at his age

Could and should do another season with us if you ask me. His quality isn’t going anywhere so he has nothing to lose in my opinion. Certainly has age in his side.

Apart from Everton, Utd would the last 'big club' i would be looking at right now, they are an absolute mess.

Apart from Everton, Utd would the last 'big club' i would be looking at right now, they are an absolute mess.

….the strongest links seem to be from them. It seems like we need to off-set losses by end of June, I just hope there’s a few interested as we don’t want to lose him on the cheap. I think he’s more £70m than £50m.

….the strongest links seem to be from them. It seems like we need to off-set losses by end of June, I just hope there’s a few interested as we don’t want to lose him on the cheap. I think he’s more £70m than £50m.
They can’t afford him. And he can do much better than them.

‘If’ we do need to offset losses by end of June, it’s Onana we should be looking to sell rather than Branthwaite.