2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's likely been told he'll be returned to the fold as soon as he leaves us. He couldn't have done any more this season to be deserving of a place in the squad. Outrageous that he's not selected.

For me branthwaite should walk into the team but if he doesn't the one good thing we would have (assuming we don't sell him of course) is that he'd be well rested for our pre-season
My thought as well.
He may be a little disappointed but he has had a great season , has already been capped at just 21, I think he has plenty to be happy about.

I think when this tournament is over he will be a core player in the next competition.

Think Maguire being out probably cost him tbh. The only thing Dunk has over him is experience and we wouldn’t have needed that with Maguire going.

If we can secure £140m for brathwaite and onana, Splash 20m each on Jobe Bellingham and Jacob Greaves (hull) we would have enough to avoid relegation and pocket 100m.
Both are young enough to secure a high fee if we sell in a couple of years.

If we should be going after anyone from Hull it should be Philogene, great fun to watch and very effective.

No ta on Bellingham, at least for now.

guarantee if he played for somebody other than us he'd be well in.
To be fair to Southgate I don't think he works that way.
He is probably over loyal to certain players and is also over conservative and relies on players he knows.
Branthwaite would certainly be the player to be included by most managers after Maguire being excluded.
Dunk is a seriously lucky player if he is included.
Carrying more than one player who has been in poor form and players out injured for a prolonged spell is a big risk.

However, being Irish, I only have concerns about Everton players.

I can't believe he has supposedly been left out. He didn't look overjoyed when he received his cap as some of you highlighted. Perhaps he pretty much already knew then.

Its disappointing for him but he obviously hasn't impressed enough in training its silly saying its because of who he plays for when you look at who else is being cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back