2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is 21 years of age 2 footed. This guy in 2/3 years will be a £150 mil player
No. Your prediction of valuation doesn't take into account contract length and it's effect on transfer value and is also based on the assumption of a continual guaranteed improvement in the player's ability and form.

He signed a 4 year deal in October 2023.
In two years time (2026) he will have one year remaining on his contract.
In three years time (2027) he will be coming to the end of his contract with potentially no transfer value whatsoever.

And before that there are any number of things that could go wrong as is often the case with young players. He's an excellent young defender, albeit a little overrated by some IMO, who I'd very much like to see in an Everton shirt for years to come. But thinking of him being a player with a genuinely realisable worth of £150M to Everton Football club in 2 or 3 years is borderline delusional.

Ok its badly worded its not that I don't see ANY benefit to keeping him I just don't see that as such a big issue like some people do. If he was leaving in a year anyway then it wouldn't change anything would it we'd just have the exact same issue next year instead of this year so it doesn't really do what you're saying it does it just delays the problem it doesn't solve it. I'd love him to stay but for years not just for one more we might as well deal with the problem now as deal with it in a year.
Who knows what could happen during the season should he stay. Everton could win a domestic cup and if they improved slightly upon last season and finished between 9th-10th then heading into what looks like a sensational new stadium with the club under new wealthy and sensible owners then should Utd be the only team wanting to sign him then he might stay another season.

Really? Gets loads more money, they won a cup last year and the year before. They are owned by mega rich people and are likely to build a new stadium themselves. No matter what you say about their league form they also have superstars such as Manioo, Garnacho, Fernandes. Their spine next season could be ;

Onana
Braithwaite
Fernandes
Hojlund

Pretty decent if you ask me.
They finished 8th mate, thats almost mid-table, they wont play CL football for years.

JB could be winning doubles before United even play in the CL again.

Stadium will be 10 years away easy.

None of them players you listed are "superstars"....with the best one close to leaving!!!

Probably because nobody else wants dross for any decent money? Look how hard we have found it recently to shift players like Gomes, Holgate etc. Nobody wanted them until they left on loan or a free.

It's not mediocrity, it's being a sensible club with a sensible business model. We shouldn't be afraid of losing players, we should design the club that if we do end up losing players it's for good money and we reinvest it back into the club for a better long term future of the club.
Like I said in my other post we've done it for 30yrs and gone absolutely nowhere...

Well i'm just using the same logic as the post i'm replying to! If him leaving this year means we get relegated then surely him leaving next year does aswell? I believe we can replace him adequately but if you don't then whether its this year or next year doesn't make any difference.

You’re really reaching to try and make yourself make sense here. There are many potential financial benefits as well as on field benefits to keeping him another season. He’ll be an established England international this time next year, will have top clubs around Europe interested in him. We might not need to sell to satisfy PSR next year, putting us in a better negotiating position. So yes there are lots of benefits.

It'll be £70mill plus add ons taking it to £80mill (don't forget Carlisle sell on clause)

I think they'll have us over a barrel and it'll be something like 50m upfront with 20-25m I'm add ons, some of which will never happen like 5m if they win the PL.

The reality should be 80m upfront with 20-30m in add ons. They paid 80m for slab head about 5 years ago so they set the market price for English centre halves.

I dont trust those currently in power to negotiate from a position of strength and hold their ground.

Who knows what could happen during the season should he stay. Everton could win a domestic cup and if they improved slightly upon last season and finished between 9th-10th then heading into what looks like a sensational new stadium with the club under new wealthy and sensible owners then should Utd be the only team wanting to sign him then he might stay another season.
I think thats very unlikely and if United were still the best team in for him at that point you'd have to think he either hadn't done very well for us or he just isn't anywhere near as good as people think he will be but if it happened great. Thats not the point I was arguing with so it makes no difference I was talking specifically about people saying keep him for one more year not people saying I hope he can stay forever.

Utd are the obvious candidates for him. Can't think of another team with sufficient cash who need a CB (other than the RS needing to replace St Virg).

If we're not going to keep him would at least like to get the deal done quickly rather than dragging all summer.

It surprises me that only Utd seem to be in for Branthwaite.
Now that his transfer is openly spoken about we may see other clubs interested.

A slight word of caution for Branthwaite. Last season I think he benefitted enormously from playing next to Tarkowski. When/if he leaves with a fee of 80m around his neck the expectations will be much higher.
Nobody else 'needs' him right now, it's the only chance imo for United to grab him.

I think thats very unlikely and if United were still the best team in for him at that point you'd have to think he either hadn't done very well for us or he just isn't anywhere near as good as people think he will be but if it happened great. Thats not the point I was arguing with so it makes no difference I was talking specifically about people saying keep him for one more year not people saying I hope he can stay forever.
If more clubs are in for him then it likely means his valuation has increased substantially. The only negative in him staying another season would be if he sustained a bad injury. Other than that it's clearly a huge win.

You’re really reaching to try and make yourself make sense here. There are many potential financial benefits as well as on field benefits to keeping him another season. He’ll be an established England international this time next year, will have top clubs around Europe interested in him. We might not need to sell to satisfy PSR next year, putting us in a better negotiating position. So yes there are lots of benefits.
I'm not reaching and I don't need to make sense to you i'm just giving my opinion. I've already said I worded the first one badly I don't mean I can't see any benefit I just don't think keeping him for one more year is much better than selling him now thats all and if we did that no doubt the same people would be saying the exact same thing next year too because they don't really mean it they just don't want it to happen at all and so putting it off for a year makes them feel better.

No. Your prediction of valuation doesn't take into account contract length and it's effect on transfer value and is also based on the assumption of a continual guaranteed improvement in the player's ability and form.

He signed a 4 year deal in October 2023.
In two years time (2026) he will have one year remaining on his contract.
In three years time (2027) he will be coming to the end of his contract with potentially no transfer value whatsoever.

And before that there are any number of things that could go wrong as is often the case with young players. He's an excellent young defender, albeit a little overrated by some IMO, who I'd very much like to see in an Everton shirt for years to come. But thinking of him being a player with a genuinely realisable worth of £150M to Everton Football club in 2 or 3 years is borderline delusional.
Go back to the United forums mate, you don't belong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back