2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don’t see the benefit of getting another season out of him? What?

He played a huge role in us staying up and presumably will need to do again

stability for me

in an unstable environment, at least we could say defense is sorted for one more year while we attend to other issues in the market.
Ok its badly worded its not that I don't see ANY benefit to keeping him I just don't see that as such a big issue like some people do. If he was leaving in a year anyway then it wouldn't change anything would it we'd just have the exact same issue next year instead of this year so it doesn't really do what you're saying it does it just delays the problem it doesn't solve it. I'd love him to stay but for years not just for one more we might as well deal with the problem now as deal with it in a year.

He is 21 years of age 2 footed. This guy in 2/3 years will be a £150 mil player
Best thing in this must sell scenario is that we get 70m now - less than his price would be in a years time, and they give him back to us for a year. We avoid PSR - we stay up. We have time to refinance.
Never going to happen I know.

Looks like Inited just trying to steal a march ahead of other suitors. He will go, and so he should he is too good for the car crash that is Everton

This Man United move seems a very short-sighted move for him, almost daft.

If he is patient he could have tyhe pick of the top top clubs chalenging for leagues and CL's.

United are way off that.

Probably more likely to get those moves playing well for United though.

Why does it mean that? :lol:
Well i'm just using the same logic as the post i'm replying to! If him leaving this year means we get relegated then surely him leaving next year does aswell? I believe we can replace him adequately but if you don't then whether its this year or next year doesn't make any difference.

Anything less than £100m , they are having our pants down, this lad is going to be the face of English football for the next 10 years, even more so once the Utd loving press start writing about him.
It's really doing my head in today how the BBC website are saying "terms agreed, Utd don't want to pay excessively"
Wish we could tell them to do one.

This Man United move seems a very short-sighted move for him, almost daft.

If he is patient he could have tyhe pick of the top top clubs chalenging for leagues and CL's.

United are way off that.
Really? Gets loads more money, they won a cup last year and the year before. They are owned by mega rich people and are likely to build a new stadium themselves. No matter what you say about their league form they also have superstars such as Manioo, Garnacho, Fernandes. Their spine next season could be ;

Onana
Braithwaite
Fernandes
Hojlund

Pretty decent if you ask me.

It surprises me that only Utd seem to be in for Branthwaite.
Now that his transfer is openly spoken about we may see other clubs interested.

A slight word of caution for Branthwaite. Last season I think he benefitted enormously from playing next to Tarkowski. When/if he leaves with a fee of 80m around his neck the expectations will be much higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back