2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of thr very VERY few players I'll be really sad to see leave Everton over the last 10-15 years.

He's far better than Utd but I don't blame him for wanting to go there, their name still carries a lot of prestige and they're still always in with a shout of a winning the odd cup so he'll look at it as a great move for his football career.

Going to be a very difficult player to replace and I mean that more as a character than anything. He stepped up when needed and carried the team at times with Tarkowski. Those type of players are very hard to come by.

Because Mount was injured all season. Branthwaite has probably been told that he’s getting sold. United have probably offered him a decent wage, it’s 40 minutes up the road, and you can say there crap all you like, but there still a miles ahead of us.
Mount was not injured all season. He was injured for part of the season. When he was available he largely played 15-20 minutes coming off the bench.

Taking the romanticism out of it, if he goes then we’re looking north of £60m.

I’m confident that we can find someone for less than half of that who will be able to slot in alongside Tarkowski and do a decent job.

That then leaves us a fair chunk (assuming it doesn’t go the same way as the Arteta money) for some much needed strengthening elsewhere and all without too much detriment to the team overall (despite losing a top young player)

Surely other clubs will come in for him. United haven't competed for the league in over 10 years, their stadium is falling apart/the roof is leaking, their facilities are 30 years behind most other top sides and they aren't a Champions League team next season. Money is the only motivation to join them at this time and yep it didn't exactly work out for Mason Mount.

….they remain one of the biggest sporting franchises on the planet and have just won the FA Cup. I expect their turn will come.

One of thr very VERY few players I'll be really sad to see leave Everton over the last 10-15 years.

He's far better than Utd but I don't blame him for wanting to go there, their name still carries a lot of prestige and they're still always in with a shout of a winning the odd cup so he'll look at it as a great move for his football career.

Going to be a very difficult player to replace and I mean that more as a character than anything. He stepped up when needed and carried the team at times with Tarkowski. Those type of players are very hard to come by.
It's a huge concern as if Tarkowski who has been pretty much an ever present suddenly picked up an injury and missed a few months then it's Keane and Holgate at centre back. A frightening thought.

This by the bucket load!

Last time I felt this way was Rooney, maybe even Stones.

This lad has it all, sad that this club is where it is.

how the Mighty have fallen 🥺

….they remain one of the biggest sporting franchises on the planet and have just won the FA Cup. I expect their turn will come.
It took the other lot over the park 30 years to win the league since the 1980s. Utd have a long way to get back to competing for leagues. These days they are effectively Tottenham with a worse stadium but they do pay more and occasionally pick up the odd domestic cup along the way.

Brighton would be a step up from Everton based on the past few seasons.

On a posative note, if Jarred does go for big money, this would be huge for a lower league club like Carlisle. Their sell on bonus is exactly how player progression should work. Helps clubs at the foundation of football, and I'm all for it.

Good luck to the lad...

If we can get 80m for him then unfortunately it is a must based on our situation. I do not think that United is the best place for his career, and hoping that other teams may come in for him but also for us in terms of money.

If Onana can shine in the Euro's and wants to leave also then hopefully we can get 50/60m + for him.

Expect we won't have to sell anymore than that (not sure we have any sellable assets after this) and we need to get 3-4 players in this summer using this money.

Hopefully a bit of stability, no points deductions next year, and we can 'enjoy' our last season at Goodison Park.

Well end up with £60-70m and for me that’s a good deal.

Those wanting £100m or thereabouts are cuckoo, we’re not getting a world record fee for a CB who’s had one season in the PL and has been publicly dropped from an England said behind Lewis Dunk and Ezri Konsa.

The Maguire comparisons are lazy too, he had established himself as a PL defender over several seasons and had 20+ England caps including starring at a World Cup.

Moshiri should have no say on selling any playing staff or any assets whilst he is actively selling the club. Those are decisions any new owners should be making, as it affects their investment.

If we need money for general running costs then he should put his hand in his deep pockets and be forking out until the sale is complete - just stick another £100 million on the sale price.

Were an absolute joke, no doubt we will sell cheap to United, as usual.

Inappropriate Language
He is the best centre back I've seen since Brian labone and we had some great ones in the 80s. He's only gonna get better.. we are being bullied to sell him with this ps bullshit....while the sale might save us being docked points hiw many will we lose with him not being in the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back