2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn’t United’s style, they nearly always get their target, even if it means paying well over the market rate.

It would be interesting if there were another serious bid, it looks like it’s only United who want him at the moment.
United before and after Radcliffe are different animals

I'm not being funny like football valuations are all over the place, no problem with that. However, in no reality is a player the quality of Branthwaite worth less than £35m ffs, get real. We must've sold Stones for £50m, what, 7 years ago or something? Like there is absolutely no argument in the world that Branthwaite isn't AT LEAST the same value as Stones was back then, nevermind adding in the value now.

Frankly, if I were Branthwaite, like Stones, I'd wait until someone better comes calling regardless. He'd be foolish to move to United for big money now because he'll never be able to leave and he most likely won't win anything significant. City should be his goal but Arsenal are also a far better prospect. We'll see how it works out, wouldn't be shocked if this turns out like Antony for them, come in with an insulting low ball offer early in the summer only to massively overpay late in the window. You'd get him now for £65m + add ons, if they wait it'll be at least £75m, even more so if England have a disaster at the back in the Euros.

In what way? He is only a minority shareholder and the Glazers were nearly always very good at securing their top targets, I can’t think of many that they so publicly went for like this and didn’t get.
He is in charge of the football side of things. They won't be paying a fortune for players. He's also trying to get them a free stadium from the government. They will be buying young players for under £50 million and trying to bring them on

Seriously that fee is an embarrassment to branthwaite himself he should swerve them and wait for one of the current real big clubs come in and one not trading off a decade old reputation

Yeah, Romano wouldn't be the one person to know what we value Branthwaite at. He'll have been given that £65-70m figure by someone at United probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back