2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
That mattus de ligit ( I know is have butchered his name there) went for like 90m from Ajax didn’t he to juve.

I have never seen him play, is brathwaite a better talent than he was?

The last Cb I have seen with as much talent as Branthwaite are Terry, Ferdinand , stones and they all ended up being legends of the PL and winning multiple titles .

We will probably sell for 50-60m but that will be us having our pants pulled down and I’m going to hate it

€85.5mil

just watched the late,great,St Virgil of the Dykes holding out against the powerhouse Polish team.....JB must aspire like him to be the greatest defender in the world..

£100mil gives us £85mil due to the 15% clause.

So those saying they want £75mil or £80mil, we would need around £90 to £100mil before you see those fees.

Any new prospective owners should be telling Moshiri not to sell him. I cant believe that a club would sell their most valued player in the middle of a takeover.

The news that broke about the new bid with huge money behind them...surely they want to improve the squad not sell Branthwaite.
I guess he starts week in week out but I agree, they won't be challenging for more than the top four for the foreseeable. The push is basically we can't turn down bids of 60/70m in our financial position and with PSR charges potentially coming again. Thanks Moshiri.
I’d rather take a points hit than sell on the cheap to utd

just watched the late,great,St Virgil of the Dykes holding out against the powerhouse Polish team.....JB must aspire like him to be the greatest defender in the world..
Even if Branthwaite ever became a better defender than VVD, he would never be considered in that way. I doubt he will court the media love in that Liverpool players get.

It feels like transfer fees are reducing. Some clever chaps on here - anyone have any trending / benchmarking on average defender fees over the past 12 months compared to comparison periods before?

The word is that Man United can’t afford any more due to FFP. If no one is spending then it’s a whole different conversation.

This article shows the most expensive signings for defenders in the prem. Wouldn't get to hung up on the trends as each players case is different, because it depends more on contract length, age, and the willingness of the buying team then the teams financials.

This year most teams seem well stocked at the back tbf only United who need to strengthen. Just up to Everton to hold out for top dollar or say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back