2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.

We all know that the longer into this month we go without other clubs coming in for him, the more likely it is we settle on a price that United are happy with that leaves them a few dozen million to upgrade their training ground.

That is childish and silly.

The more mature and professional approach is to offer £10mil for Mainoo, £10mil for Garnacho and £10mil for Hojlund.

With a press release saying these bids are serious offers.
I think Romano used “normal” when referring to UTDs bid for Branthwaite.

Bit random this idea that Utd can agree terms with a player unless we give permission to speak to them.

I see all of this undermining of his value in the media, threats to move to other targets etc.

I kind of trust Dyche and Kev to have some cojones and not sell cheap - otherwise what's the point of the business really ? How often do we develop a Branthwaite ?

Keep him for another season if we can, PSR be damned.

We won't sell him cheaply but at the end of the day whatever we do sell him for we only paid £1m for him which is definitely the point of the business.
What we paid for Branthwaite is one thing - but the overall cost of buying youth and developing has to be factored into the output.

Ie. Gordon, Branthwaite, Simms et al. are part of a system that has cost X million over Y years and generated Z income and N savings on paying for fully developed players.

Anyway, I'm basically saying that they need to get market value for Branthwaite otherwise they are rubbish, heh.

Bit random this idea that Utd can agree terms with a player unless we give permission to speak to them.

I see all of this undermining of his value in the media, threats to move to other targets etc.

I kind of trust Dyche and Kev to have some cojones and not sell cheap - otherwise what's the point of the business really ? How often do we develop a Branthwaite ?

Part of this is to pressure the player/agent into putting in a transfer request as much as it is to pressure the club.

We can just ignore anything from the Mancs until a bid that does appeal is lodged. If anything it makes them look small time.

Napoli have the right idea although their owner is a right head case so I’m not surprised he’s gone thermo in public but he’s right, can’t have players/family/agents circumventing the tapping up rules through the press.

Liked what I posted a bit back, this back door tactic was to persuade the player to agitate for a transfer. United had no right to go to his agent when a transfer had not been agreed. Can we not report hem to the FA or PL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back