Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turning Branthwaite's superb arrival on the scene into a stick to beat Dyche with is a bit unfair. Dyche always said he was a few weeks behind the others on pre-season fitness. And questioning why Patterson is dropped and Tarkowski plays is also a bit out of left field... Tarkowski is one of our best two centre-halves and so he plays. Patterson gets absolute dogs abuse on here most weeks for being defensively rubbish and now his omission is an example of Dyche being useless?

At least use valid reasons to atack him, like our crap attacking play or his David Brent interviews.
Both our points can be valid, and I don’t think his treatment of the younger players helps them or us, so I will call it out.

Branthwaite was away with England - he was fit and should have started ahead of Keane from the get go - thats an excuse for Dyches chronic management.

I’m not saying drop Tarkowski, simply because we don’t have the adequate replacements, so was probably a bad example to mention him, even though I think he’s been awful.

My point was the older players get protected and keep playing but he bins the younger players without pause - if Branthwaite makes one mistake he will have his mate Keane back in no messing.

You can’t tell me Ashley young, gana or doucure have outperformed Patterson or Garner this season?!

I’ll call out what I see mate, as well as his crap attacking play and terrible Brent like interview quotes.

Turning Branthwaite's superb arrival on the scene into a stick to beat Dyche with is a bit unfair. Dyche always said he was a few weeks behind the others on pre-season fitness. And questioning why Patterson is dropped and Tarkowski plays is also a bit out of left field... Tarkowski is one of our best two centre-halves and so he plays. Patterson gets absolute dogs abuse on here most weeks for being defensively rubbish and now his omission is an example of Dyche being useless?

At least use valid reasons to atack him, like our crap attacking play or his David Brent interviews.
Both our points can be valid, and I don’t think his treatment of the younger players helps them or us, so I will call it out.

Branthwaite was away with England - he was fit and should have started ahead of Keane from the get go - thats an excuse for Dyches chronic management.

I’m not saying drop Tarkowski, simply because we don’t have the adequate replacements, so was probably a bad example to mention him, even though I think he’s been awful.

My point was the older players get protected and keep playing but he bins the younger players without pause - if Branthwaite makes one mistake he will have his mate Keane back in no messing.

You can’t tell me Ashley young, gana or doucure have outperformed Patterson or Garner this season?!

I’ll call out what I see mate, as well as his crap attacking play and terrible Brent like interview quotes.

Tarkowski has dropped off this season but has no replacement.

Patterson hasnt been good but Young has been far far far worse yet keeps his place.

Gana has looked dreadful but starts instead of Garner...eye bleeding time

Doucoure should be dropped and McNeil central or DCL dropped back a bit

Theres no logic to the managerial decisions.

As for Branthwaite, if he was playing for United the media would be calling him the next superstar...hes that good.

Tarkowski has dropped off this season but has no replacement.

Patterson hasnt been good but Young has been far far far worse yet keeps his place.

Gana has looked dreadful but starts instead of Garner...eye bleeding time

Doucoure should be dropped and McNeil central or DCL dropped back a bit

Theres no logic to the managerial decisions.

As for Branthwaite, if he was playing for United the media would be calling him the next superstar...hes that good.
McNeil centre mid?

Dyche says an awful lot about fitness when he doesn't want to select players but then he plays Dwight McNeill for 80-something minutes when he's very, very obviously not fit.

Dyche says an awful lot about fitness when he doesn't want to select players but then he plays Dwight McNeill for 80-something minutes when he's very, very obviously not fit.
Because he sees some players as favourites so they *HAVE* to play, nothing to do with fitness.

For others it's a convenient excuse to not play them and instead play his very, very crap favourites - Keano should be back in the team pretty soon one might think.

Because he sees some players as favourites so they *HAVE* to play, nothing to do with fitness.

For others it's a convenient excuse to not play them and instead play his very, very crap favourites - Keano should be back in the team pretty soon one might think.
Yeah, the fitness thing is such transparent BS. I'm very surprised at how many still believe him when he spews that rubbish.

….McNeil looks short on match fitness to me, he’ll get that sharpness by playing.

i do think the ‘Dyche fitness’ and ‘playing his favourites’ is a bit of nonsense from those with a clear agenda against him. Branthwaite certainly came back from the summer championship with a knock. Dyche was open about not wanting to play him for a frew weeks because he didn’t want that injury to worsen. He put him in at Keane’s expense just as he predicted.

Branthwaites injury didn’t clear and needed an op which he had during the international break. Dyche had an excuse on Sunday to leave Branthwaite out but brought him straight back in. Dyche could’ve played Keane in those vital games last season but didn’t.

Chermiti got off a plane and got game time immediately. He picks what he thinks is his best team. Players like McNeil are pivotal because he’s the only player we have who runs in possession since Iwobi left. I fully understand why he’s back in.

I’d be critical of Dyche but I do think this fitness & favourites thing is a total nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back