2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flatters to deceive. We all know now that we cant rely on him to get 10-15 goals for us.

We're up against it again if they dont sort out another striker before the window shuts.

...and I'd take £15M rather than let him walk on a free next summer, btw.

He’s a 7-10 man, no doubt, he’s not a scorer, if we run with him, we need goals around him.

I’d look at him leaving as an opportunity to better the above - but the jeopardy now is the disruption and do you trust Everton to have a deal to improve lined up, with the widow 75% through its time line…….

15 mill is prob the lowest I’d think about - depending on what we could do, you’d be hoping to negotiate upward between 18-20 mill - think any interest is going to be late.

He’s a 7-10 man, no doubt, he’s not a scorer, if we run with him, we need goals around him.

I’d look at him leaving as an opportunity to better the above - but the jeopardy now is the disruption and do you trust Everton to have a deal to improve lined up, with the widow 75% through its time line…….

15 mill is prob the lowest I’d think about - depending on what we could do, you’d be hoping to negotiate upward between 18-20 mill - think any interest is going to be late.

This is key for next season.

Then again, I also think that Beto might do a lot better with 'Tim' breaking looking for a forward pass as well as Ndiaye and Lindstrom playing balls forward that Beto, playing on the last defender's shoulder, can get on the end of. He's useless with back to goal but will do a lot more with better service.

This is key for next season.

Then again, I also think that Beto might do a lot better with 'Tim' breaking looking for a forward pass as well as Ndiaye and Lindstrom playing balls forward that Beto, playing on the last defender's shoulder, can get on the end of. He's useless with back to goal but will do a lot more with better service.

See something in Big B, but don’t think we’ve been able to unlock it, I’m half curious if Dom went if he got the nod to see how he would do, think he has goals in him if we played to his strengths and momentum is a powerful force, out put wise I’d have a bet on him at least matching DCL with similar mins. He wants it and I like that.

Its a farce.

We all know he's going.

All of this is completely choreographed.

We'll see him sold 2/3 days before the window shuts for about £45M-£50M and half of the fee will be spent on a couple of players for us before deadline day runs out....hopefully including a CF.
Absolutely wouldn't surprise me tbh. As far as I know there's been no club news about his injury, which is unexpected since it appears to be one that will have kept him out over a month and caused him to miss the crucial season start.

Are the club hoping for O'Brien to impress alongside Tarkowski and thus be left with a '£70m-rated third choice' centre half?

Might hear something along the lines of "We didn't expect Jake to come in and hit the ground running as he has, so the club had a decision to make on Jarrad, and with our finances it should open up a few doors in January."

Missing next week’s opener but should be back for Spurs
Kin best be. Sick to death of extended injury periods for our top players that come out of nowhere.

Regular England position incoming if Lee Carsley stays put.
Ireland V England on Sept 8th, quite apt if Carley us there.

We’re going to need bodies over the year mate.

When you look at it, next year we have a near total defensive rebuild in our hands.

Possibly two right fulls unless Paterson looks alive, at least two centre half and a left full.

JT will be almost 33 heading into that season.

Next summer we need:
1xLB
1×CB
2xRB

Not sure thats a "near total defensive rebuild" ?

Good lads yourselves Utd, you sure showed us! ;)

So United are happy to pay a decent fee for a player who has flopped at both Juventus and Bayern, they were happy to pay big money for a teenager from France, but a lad who has excelled in both the eredvisie and the PL? Nah it’s Everton just try and low ball them and complain to the media that they’re ruining football again.

So United are happy to pay a decent fee for a player who has flopped at both Juventus and Bayern, they were happy to pay big money for a teenager from France, but a lad who has excelled in both the eredvisie and the PL? Nah it’s Everton just try and low ball them and complain to the media that they’re ruining football again.
Which is excellent news. Long may it continue so long as we stick to our guns.

Hopefully a better season with a strong defensive unit and more flexibility and a quality up top will have him stay and allow a building a team around him and the other younger players

This guy is only being signed to plug the gap they have with Yoro out till the new year. So thats €50m for a player to plug a gap for 6 months, so the price for a first class CB must start at €100m plus add ons (thats just to start us talking to them).

Its a farce.

We all know he's going.

All of this is completely choreographed.

We'll see him sold 2/3 days before the window shuts for about £45M-£50M and half of the fee will be spent on a couple of players for us before deadline day runs out....hopefully including a CF.
Never happening in a million years. Everton know his value. And the last couple of days of window prices go up 25% because clubs know you’re desperate. Utd won’t buy him now having bought De ligt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.