2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd be lucky to get 40mil, and then, how much of that would be spent on players??? Our new world is one where we sell players to survive, not to reinvest in the playing squad. If 777 come in, that will not change. They're money men, not benevolent Evertonians.
Regardless of what happens with the money after, if he carries on like he's started this season he's miles north of 40m. That's Gordon money, and I'd argue Branthwaite has much more potential, plus plays in a more important position where it's much, much rarer to find players at 21 who look to have the complete skillset. Pacy 21 year old wingers are ten a penny but 21 year olds who are ready to play centre back in the Premier League with years and years to grow and improve are a very valuable commodity. Closer to the Fofana number than the Gordon number I'd say.

Regardless of what happens with the money after, if he carries on like he's started this season he's miles north of 40m. That's Gordon money, and I'd argue Branthwaite has much more potential, plus plays in a more important position where it's much, much rarer to find players at 21 who look to have the complete skillset. Pacy 21 year old wingers are ten a penny but 21 year olds who are ready to play centre back in the Premier League with years and years to grow and improve are a very valuable commodity. Closer to the Fofana number than the Gordon number I'd say.
Reminds me when Chelsea were chasing John Stones , there were plenty on here saying " his heads been turned take £20 mil and run "
They done the same saying accept £50mil for Lukaku.

Some of them are still on here.

Should never sell our best players. Especially the younger ones. But Everton is a different club to what is should be. We all know what will probably happen. Until a total change of the guard with owners that are respectable and able to move us forward I’m afraid we will never be what we should.

Possibly more than the Fofana number given the homegrown premium as well

This boy is a bellwether for Everton Football Club as it now exists, if we sell him we are no longer interested in building a club that can challenge at the top end of the table and except we are a small club looking for talent that we can sell on. Keep him and start to build then we have a chance.

Should never sell our best players. Especially the younger ones. But Everton is a different club to what is should be. We all know what will probably happen. Until a total change of the guard with owners that are respectable and able to move us forward I’m afraid we will never be what we should.

The guys we have u23 we need to keep hold of and lock them in long term and gradually build around them.

Pickford is and has been one of our best since joining but at 30 in March its the optimum time to sell.

We have to be smart sellers and not just hold onto players as their values begin to diminish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.