2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really promising so far. Really need to get him signed up on a long term contract.

He looks very good, so I'd welcome a new contract. However, a new contract will involve Godfrey level wages, and there's always the risk that he turns into another Godfrey that we can't get rid of because he's on 70k a week.

So we might be better selling him if the price is right.

Dont think we can include Tarkowski as hes 31 in November. Should/could stay at this level for another 3 years before being replaced making Branthwaite the senior centre back.

The 4 I would build around would be Branthwaite, Patterson, Onana and Garner.

This season might be the making of all of them and as I said in the summer, if we could add 2 players u21 then we will begin to rebuild the team and squad. Hopefully Chermiti, Dobbin and Mills can soon be added to their names.

This discussion has been ongoing since we signed him. He's right footed but actually now pretty much two footed.

Very composed and a good passer with either foot.
In an interview with the Athletic he described himself as naturally left footed but played a lot as right sided centre back with PSV last season which clearly developed his play with the right foot. Turned out to be a great loan move all round that.
Screenshot_20230928_163003_Chrome.webp

In an interview with the Athletic he described himself as naturally left footed but played a lot as right sided centre back with PSV last season which clearly developed his play with the right foot. Turned out to be a great loan move all round that.View attachment 229480

Well spotted. Its been all over that hes right footed but so strong on his left hes able to use both.

Learned something new today ;)

Well spotted. Its been all over that hes right footed but so strong on his left hes able to use both.

Learned something new today ;)
That “ right footed” bit came from his former coach at Carlisle who insisted he was right footed. Well maybe he was at 16 , I don’t know , but I watched him a few times at PSV last season and one memory stands out. He took a free kick just inside his own half , on the left side and had the option of hitting it with his right or left foot . He struck the ball up into the opposing box with his left foot. Whatever he was , the evidence I have seen in his play is that he prefers his left foot ….cue a stunning right foot volley on Saturday 🙂

Linked with both United and City today while it again is being mentioned that were in talks over a new deal.

Just confirms on the club site the deal is 2025 with an option for one more year so 2026.

Would be ideal if we could get him to extend long term but not likely unless we get up to mid table.

He won't move unless it is a starter position, so Utd might be the most likely destination. Would be relatively safe in January in regard to the contract but the Club needs to put him on a longer deal.

Linked with both United and City today while it again is being mentioned that were in talks over a new deal.

Just confirms on the club site the deal is 2025 with an option for one more year so 2026.

Would be ideal if we could get him to extend long term but not likely unless we get up to mid table.
I would extend him without a second thought. I doubt his agent will.

If he stays healthy and continues to play like this, his services will not come cheap. There will be plenty of takers.

Similar fee as Fofana £75mil.

If we could bring in that or above then potentially we could bring in 4 players with the money: LB, CB, CB, RB.

The price tag should definitely be upwards of 60m at the least with ~20 premier league starts before 21 as a CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back