2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentioned in a few places online...in talks for a new contract.
Still think we’ll sell him unless something miraculous happens with ownership and finances. A long contract and a good season under his belt and he’ll be worth a fortune. Not so much if he gets into the last 12 months of his contract next summer. To me, he’s looking more of a prospect than John Stones.

Still think we’ll sell him unless something miraculous happens with ownership and finances. A long contract and a good season under his belt and he’ll be worth a fortune. Not so much if he gets into the last 12 months of his contract next summer. To me, he’s looking more of a prospect than John Stones.

That is saying something.

That is saying something.
I never rated Stones as highly as most, probably. He was undeniably stood out a mile in terms of being calm and composed on the ball. Didn’t have the basics of a centre back though, exact same reasons I never rated Godfrey or Holgate when folk were going on about how great they were.

Think Branthwaite has a better grasp of the basics as well as his physical attributes and pace. He’s not as good on the ball as Stones but the basics will stand him in good stead. Translating potential to abilities ha so many variables but the raw materials are all there for me.

I never rated Stones as highly as most, probably. He was undeniably stood out a mile in terms of being calm and composed on the ball. Didn’t have the basics of a centre back though, exact same reasons I never rated Godfrey or Holgate when folk were going on about how great they were.

Think Branthwaite has a better grasp of the basics as well as his physical attributes and pace. He’s not as good on the ball as Stones but the basics will stand him in good stead. Translating potential to abilities ha so many variables but the raw materials are all there for me.
He will need a better manager than Dyche and his team, to realise his potential though

He looks a lot more than just comfortable on the ball to me , he needs confidence which will come. Some if his distribution looks fantastic.

If anything he's a better defender than stones i don't think it's a stretch at all. Both at this stage of their development, very similar . Branthwaite actually played champs league too
John Stones had 6 international caps by the time he was Branthwaite's age!
On the list for Golden Boy and was being chased by Chelsea & City

You all need to calm down on Branthwaite, also the only real similarity i see is that they both have fair hair!

You all need to calm down on Branthwaite, also the only real similarity i see is that they both have fair hair!

If im not wrong its Guehi and Colwill he'll be competing for as Englands left sided centre back.

While Stones was joined in the euro 2016 squad by Cahill and Smalling which shows the difference in quality.

The similarities lie in them both being able to pass the ball, bring it forward and are showing solid defensive ability far beyond their years.

So far, Branthwaite is physically superior and we'll need to see him over a full season before we compare their passing and defensive abilities. But im not sure how different they are in terms of overall quality and potential?

One thing for sure is that if we had a 21 year old Stones next to Branthwaite Id expect both to be in the England team together -- Branthwaite needs a chance.

If im not wrong its Guehi and Colwill he'll be competing for as Englands left sided centre back.

While Stones was joined in the euro 2016 squad by Cahill and Smalling which shows the difference in quality.

The similarities lie in them both being able to pass the ball, bring it forward and are showing solid defensive ability far beyond their years.

So far, Branthwaite is physically superior and we'll need to see him over a full season before we compare their passing and defensive abilities. But im not sure how different they are in terms of overall quality and potential?

One thing for sure is that if we had a 21 year old Stones next to Branthwaite Id expect both to be in the England team together -- Branthwaite needs a chance.
Lets hope he doesnt play for England any time soon.

He would either become a scapegoat or constantly being sold in the media, its the beginning of the end most of the time.

Lets hope he doesnt play for England any time soon.

He would either become a scapegoat or constantly being sold in the media, its the beginning of the end most of the time.

Alternatively could benefit from being around top players and gaining international experience.

Hasnt done Pickford any harm.

Yes I said similar lol not the same , the vultures were circling not long ago and they'll be back .

Some players you can just tell will go places he's no tom davies he's got most boxes ticked.

Thats why I said most of the time, Pickford is the exception to the rule.

If he gets capped this season hes 100% gone in the Summer, so for me we need to keep him well away from the waistcoat bellend.
Fortunately there are quite a few good young up and coming Centre halfs around atm.
Colwill , Guehi & Tomori will be ahead of him.

So hopefully he doesn't get the call too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back