2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute colossus in the defense and needs now to grow into himself with time, Tarkowski's impact is not to be underestimated.

we won't get a positional world record fee by £40m for one of our players - we're not in the fiscal position to reject close to the current world record fee.

He's a superb player, but it's time people got a cab and headed to real world street.

I know what you’re saying and why you’re saying it - and I would normally join you in laughing at some of the prices mentioned - but if chelsea are paying stupid money for the players they’re getting after being good for 5 minutes, I don’t think extraordinary prices on here are too outlandish.

As I said before stupid market footballs gone mad nothing would surprise me but if he went for a world record fee we’re then talking about being the best in the world is he really that? I know you’re going to say paying for potential but at that kind of money I’d want one of the best defenders in Europe now he could be but only time will tell.
You could be paying £80m for the best centrebacks at aged 28, and replace him in 5 years for another too CB for another £100m.

Or buy branthwaite that will be there for 10/12 years at £120m.
Spread that over 7/8 year contract to lessen the accounts.

Doesn’t feel that obsurd to me with todays prices.

Ideally Everton keep Jarrad, but if he has to be sold, it wouldn’t surprise me if there’s a number of teams who’ll want him. If there’s a bidding war, then you could get some of these higher end prices posters have stated.

I posted elsewhere yesterday that the exciting test will be vs Brighton.

If Jarrad stops Ferguson then we take 3pts.

Evans a good player and improving all the time, can score from anywhere.

Think they have bit more than just Evan mate. As a unit they have to be on it especially the full backs - we look a better unit with Jarrod, he and JT look a really solid solid and good partnership.

I know what you’re saying and why you’re saying it - and I would normally join you in laughing at some of the prices mentioned - but if chelsea are paying stupid money for the players they’re getting after being good for 5 minutes, I don’t think extraordinary prices on here are too outlandish.
I agree can see that angle and I did consider it, but I think the Chelsea fiscal bandwagon has run its course. They must be aware of P&S/FFP and how they might not even make Europe this season.

Outside of Chelsea, I can't see anyone on the continent paying up for him... maybe PSG, but part of his high valuation would be because of his nationality, which obvs means sweet FA in France.

In the UK, the glaring contenders would be Man U (who are all over the shop at the moment) and Newcastle... with possibly also Man City, though they did just buy that Gvardiol who is 21 so perhaps not.

so Man U are going to break the world record for a CB again? possibly, but I don't see them doing anything other than what they usually do to us on transfers. Unlike Brighton and Leicester (at the time), our financial woes are very public.

Personally I'd rather not sell him. (I know, we might not have a choice)

I agree can see that angle and I did consider it, but I think the Chelsea fiscal bandwagon has run its course. They must be aware of P&S/FFP and how they might not even make Europe this season.

Outside of Chelsea, I can't see anyone on the continent paying up for him... maybe PSG, but part of his high valuation would be because of his nationality, which obvs means sweet FA in France.

In the UK, the glaring contenders would be Man U (who are all over the shop at the moment) and Newcastle... with possibly also Man City, though they did just buy that Gvardiol who is 21 so perhaps not.

so Man U are going to break the world record for a CB again? possibly, but I don't see them doing anything other than what they usually do to us on transfers. Unlike Brighton and Leicester (at the time), our financial woes are very public.

Personally I'd rather not sell him. (I know, we might not have a choice)

Fair points. United though under the Glazers have form for panic buying with ridiculous fees. ETH is under pressure and they may be tempted to do the same.

I think everyone wants Branthwaite to stay with us long term.

You could be paying £80m for the best centrebacks at aged 28, and replace him in 5 years for another too CB for another £100m.

Or buy branthwaite that will be there for 10/12 years at £120m.
Spread that over 7/8 year contract to lessen the accounts.

Doesn’t feel that obsurd to me with todays prices.
Yes as I said today’s prices are silly so nothing would surprise me. End of this season if he continues I still don’t think he goes for that kind of money maybe after 2 seasons here with the same level of performances then I think we have a chance of asking close to £100m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back