Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive credit to the manager and Kev etc for his development programme and the timing of bringing him into the 1st team. Perfection. Been a long time since we got this so right.

He was kept out of the side (where possible), then loaned out, and brought in at precisely the moment he was genuinely ready, rather than learning under the spotlight. And more importantly not trying to learn his trade alongside Keane, Godfrey or Holgate.

Obviously a physical beast, but he does pass a sly look at players he’s just crunched. He loves it. Awesome.

Unreal performance today. Seems to have a magical ability to win the ball even when he doesn't look likely to win it.

And then on top of that he's quick, great in the air and made of iron. Doesn't appear to have any weaknesses really, and that's the first time you've been able to say that about an Everton player for a long time
Others probably said it before … but reminds me of derek mountfield and a young Richard Gough

….remember the anti-Dyche brigade saying Branthwaite would never play ahead of Keane. Those comments were stupid then but look even more stupid now.

Just watched MOTD2 (we were 4th of 4 games on) and it was good to see Micah Richards do a feature on him. i’m on a betting site and somebody has put him up at 12-1 (365) to make the Euro squad, but of course a few of us highlighted 20-1 a while ago.

When you think Colwill is 4/11, yesterday was a good chance for Southgate to compare. I wouldn’t swap this lad for any other young English CB.

….remember the anti-Dyche brigade saying Branthwaite would never play ahead of Keane. Those comments were stupid then but look even more stupid now.

Just watched MOTD2 (we were 4th of 4 games on) and it was good to see Micah Richards do a feature on him. i’m on a betting site and somebody has put him up at 12-1 (365) to make the Euro squad, but of course a few of us highlighted 20-1 a while ago.

When you think Colwill is 4/11, yesterday was a good chance for Southgate to compare. I wouldn’t swap this lad for any other young English CB.

Not that I don’t think he’s good enough but he’s been nowhere near an England squad so far. Time is running out for Southgate to include him since he usually fills the squad with his favourites anyway.

Yeah I don’t disagree with you on that. How would you rate him versus John stones?
at similar times in their career, I'd put JB above stones too. Stones was very confident in his abilities that once in a while, caught him out, I see JB as being a no nonsense, no frills defender that wont let his hubris be his occasional downfall. Both very good at a young age and not a great deal between them but JB just shades it for me.

Not that I don’t think he’s good enough but he’s been nowhere near an England squad so far. Time is running out for Southgate to include him since he usually fills the squad with his favourites anyway.

….true, it’s genuinely a disadvantage playing for Everton. I remember backing Stones at 66-1 when he broke into our side, he made the extended squad but was one of two not selected to get on the plane.

The thing that most impresses me is his reading of the game, he‘ll often pick forwards off with his timing. It was a good feature by Micah Richards on MOTD2.

at similar times in their career, I'd put JB above stones too. Stones was very confident in his abilities that once in a while, caught him out, I see JB as being a no nonsense, no frills defender that wont let his hubris be his occasional downfall. Both very good at a young age and not a great deal between them but JB just shades it for me.
I think that's very fair .

I think Stones was the better footballer and Branthwaite a far better defender who has the ability to improve all elements of his game and become the complete player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back