2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

The market is goosed as clubs are running scared of PSR. Look at Newcastle who may have to sell to be compliant.. and that's a State club never mind a basket case like us or Forest

tbf he'll be looking at Utd, City or Madrid teams that aren't bothered too much by PSR. What you say is correct, the market is screwed, but that's more of an issue for our deadwood.

If he's sold and the funds get swallowed up it'll be a travesty. When you sell a player of his quality and given the poor quality of the squad as a whole, most if not all of that money needs to go on player recruitment. We aren't Brighton who can churn out a +50m player every window. We have been slowly selling players off and not replacing them with the standard required to push us up the table.

I think many (including you) are seeing this the wrong way around.

Hes as valuable to us as a 20 goal forward.

You hold onto them unless the sale priced in his current and future value both on and off the pitch.

£80mil would be far too low.

Totally get that way of looking at it. I just disagree.

He's ridiculously good on the ball and we play long. £80m would also be a world record for a 21 year old CB, more than de Ligt who was a CL semi-finalist when he went from Ajax to Juventus.

A bit of perspective is needed. I love him. I hate we are in a position where i'd consider selling. But £80m for him would be a deal we must (and will) take.

He was a post Carlo buy wasn't he? Real also has quite a stable in CB. Jarrad will move, and it'll be to an English side. United is the most logical imo.
He was here around then but went on loan IIRC.
He wouldn't start for them yet I wouldn't have thought. Another season maybe?
He might tbh, but also I just don't want him to rot at United or Chelsea

If we can keep hold of him this summer I think his value will rocket
Realistically I don't see how it can rocket much more. Partly because the fees being mentioned are already really high and partly because he's not going to show much here next season that he hasn't shown already it would be different if we were in Europe or if we were going to play like City light and he could show a side people hadn't seen but just doing the same thing again isn't going to increase his value much.

If he's sold and the funds get swallowed up it'll be a travesty. When you sell a player of his quality and given the poor quality of the squad as a whole, most if not all of that money needs to go on player recruitment. We aren't Brighton who can churn out a +50m player every window. We have been slowly selling players off and not replacing them with the standard required to push us up the table.

….ironic that our big money sales tend to be small money signings. Just shows, there is quality out there even on a small budget but they’re not easy to find. It’s where the DoF earns his corn and is a lesson that best players don’t always cost big bucks.

He was here around then but went on loan IIRC.

He might tbh, but also I just don't want him to rot at United or Chelsea
He won’t be at man united. Or Chelsea. He may as well stay with us and not be in Europe here instead of not be in Europe at either of them.

I don’t think either can afford him either due to psr.

….ironic that our big money sales tend to be small money signings. Just shows, there is quality out there even on a small budget but they’re not easy to find. It’s where the DoF earns his corn and is a lesson that best players don’t always cost big bucks.
And our big money signings are almost always total wastes of funds...The DoF and manager brigade we've had is the real reason why we're in the financial pits.

He won’t be at man united. Or Chelsea. He may as well stay with us and not be in Europe here instead of not be in Europe at either of them.

I don’t think either can afford him either due to psr.
PSR is a joke they'll circumvent anyway and I hope if United or anyone but City come in for him (and I don't think he fits the City type) he stays with us - literally none of them offer more than we do and he'll be our literal star. If he stays with us and is solid for another year he can legitimately go anywhere he wants.