Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Jarrad Branthwaite

I think it's clear to see why we are much better with him in there. Him and Tarkowski complement each others strengths and weaknesses. When one is caught out, the other bails them and vice versa.

I also like the way neither of them leave there position and run into mid field to try to intercept , get nowhere near it , get spun and then leave a gaping hole at the back …

Summary, I’m glad there is not longer Michael Keane

Their will clearly be an influx of new players.

You do realise next summer we will have precisely 12 contracted players not counting academy lads.

How on earth would two out two in work when we literally would have one senior player on the bench IF we had zero injuries or suspensions.

Not sure what planet you are living on at times lad thinking there's no urgency to bring in a serious number of new players.

For comparisons sake, when they took over at a Roma with a much bigger squad their first summer they brought in 9 players and spent over 120m without any significant sales. Including Dybala for over 40m and Lukaku (on loan)

I’m sure the influx of

Chris wood
Ashley Barnes
Stephen defour
Nick pope
Trippier
And brown hill

All doing the bleep test on the first day of pre season will be enough for Jarrod to decide his future ….

TO LEAVE

I’m sure the influx of

Chris wood
Ashley Barnes
Stephen defour
Nick pope
Trippier
And brown hill

All doing the bleep test on the first day of pre season will be enough for Jarrod to decide his future ….

TO LEAVE

Nah I'm actually pretty confident it'll get a good summer mate

At least get your facts right though when you start advocating for a "huge influx" (your words)

You didn't seem to know Doucoure has a contract extension clause in 🤷‍♂️

I don't want to see money getting wasted frankly. The plan should be retain Branthwaite and add to him in a strategic not scattergun fashion.

Money needs to be spent in a targeted fashion with precision.

Not a "huge influx"

Spending it on players that bring something to the club and doing it efficiently.

Disagree mate … I’d prefer a huge influx …

Building slowly is ok when you are a mid table team looking to build and progress and push on …

When you go 4 months without a win , ship goals , don’t create, can’t pass and when having 30% possession is a “ good day”

It means we need a hard reseat mate , there is something rotten at our club… it has been for years …. If you introduce new players 2-3 at a time …. They slowly get contaminated “ once Everton has touched you” they can’t change the dressing room or whatever is rotten.

Just cut the lot out and start again is my thinking …

No more DCL strutting around pulling his left side of his shorts up to show his quad during corners, no more doucs smiling after playing was should have been a simple 6 years through ball out of play, no more Keane doing what he does, no more 39 year old full backs, no more playing crap wingers that we don’t even own, no more manager playing 80’s tactics and rubbing snot over his scalp all game.

Keep maybe 6-7 of the squad and the rest could disappear into a black hole tomorrow and I think we would be better off.

Pockford
Tarks
Brathwaite
N’Daiya
Mcneil
Garner
Chermiti
Tim

I would be looking to keep… anyone else can leave/be sold … including the manager and the staff

Nah I'm actually pretty confident it'll get a good summer mate

I remeber when I used to think like that I’m the mid 90’s….

Every summer was the chance to change it all, we even won a cup … I thought “this is it” we will be saying this was the turning point when looking back in 10-20 years time.

Let’s just say … I don’t have any optimism going into the season anymore.

It would be proper everton to get relagated the year before we open our new stadium .

There are several links about that lot from across the park still holding a strong interest

IMG_0425.webp

I can't take headlines that use the word 'could' to report on a potential possibility seriously. Also, if you combine Manchester United, Liverpool and Everton in one headline, you are guaranteed to get an awful lot of clicks.

If we can dismiss bids from Manchester United at a time when we were losing money left, right, and centre, then we will be more than capable of dismissing bids from Liverpool following our takeover and eradication of debt by the Friedkins. So there will be no forced sale, and Everton have the ability to say yes or no. However, I can't see the Friedkin's first move being the sale of Branthwaite to Liverpool; it would be a terrible move to make.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back