2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about who is in charge when the attitude of the player forces their hand to make a sale happen, it's about the attitude to fans to that process.

How on earth does any fan of a club side with a millionaire footballer in their determination to break the contract they agreed to with their club?

"You've gt to let the lad go, though, he's entitiled".

GTF.

They are under contract and they should honour at least the substantial part of it, not frig off the second a CL playing club shows an interest in them.

...but that’s not the reality. We will lose players who want to leave just as we will acquire players who want to leave their clubs.

its naive to think in-demand players will honour their contracts. The reality is, the club can either cash-in whilst the demand is high or risk keeping him against his will and seeing form drop.

You criticise the club for not shifting under-contract deadwood.

...but that’s not the reality. We will lose players who want to leave just as we will acquire players who want to leave their clubs.

its naive to think in-demand players will honour their contracts. The reality is, the club can either cash-in whilst the demand is high or risk keeping him against his will and seeing form drop.

You criticise the club for not shifting under-contract deadwood.
The Gueye affair was stark in that he had so long left on his contract, 3 years.

It's simply not comparable to Lukaku and Barkley, who went the distance on their contracts and refused to sign up to another one; Lescott had less than a year on his. Rooney had 18 months left on his contract when United came in.

The Gueye affair was stark in that he had so long left on his contract, 3 years.

It's simply not comparable to Lukaku and Barkley, who went the distance on their contracts and refused to sign up to another one; Lescott had less than a year on his. Rooney had 18 months left on his contract when United came in.

...I imagine we resisted the original bids for Gueye but told him he would be allowed to leave in the next window if PSG met our valuation. it really is how things work.

Our better players will always be in demand, it’s good that the likes of Richarlison recently signed a new deal. We want to be in a position where our best players want to stay but that usually comes with success. Regardless of the club, the modern in-demand footballer normally get their way when they want a move.

...I imagine we resisted the original bids for Gueye but told him he would be allowed to leave in the next window if PSG met our valuation. it really is how things work.

Our better players will always be in demand, it’s good that the likes of Richarlison recently signed a new deal. We want to be in a position where our best players want to stay but that usually comes with success. Regardless of the club, the modern in-demand footballer normally get their way when they want a move.

Paul Pogba wanted a move, he didnt get it, he got his ankle tapped in September and has so far played 5 games all season while his agent is calling him a prisoner on 250k a week.

The Gueye sale was a new low. There is no way anyone at Everton should have been signalling an early release of Gueye from his contract. I can understand if his existing contract were coming up for renewal with a year or so left on it, but to be forced to relinquish a player with so much contract to run was an indefensible move.

I assume we're not that strapped for £28M that we simply needed to sell, as in the past?

Has to be down to the man in charge of the contracts. He was too weak to lay down the law.

I think Eggs if Carlo had been the manager he would have stayed,

The Gueye sale was a new low. There is no way anyone at Everton should have been signalling an early release of Gueye from his contract. I can understand if his existing contract were coming up for renewal with a year or so left on it, but to be forced to relinquish a player with so much contract to run was an indefensible move.

I assume we're not that strapped for £28M that we simply needed to sell, as in the past?

Has to be down to the man in charge of the contracts. He was too weak to lay down the law.

...I think it’s naive thinking that’s how things work. The power is with players these days, especially those in demand. I don’t know Idrissa Gueye but he seems a top professional as well as a top player. He’ll have told the club he wanted to leave when PSG first knocked on the door.

The club rejected the bid but it’s testament to Gueye that his performance didn’t dip. I think that’s lots to do with how EFC dealt with the situation. These things have to be managed. It’s the reality.

...I think it’s naive thinking that’s how things work. The power is with players these days, especially those in demand. I don’t know Idrissa Gueye but he seems a top professional as well as a top player. He’ll have told the club he wanted to leave when PSG first knocked on the door.

The club rejected the bid but it’s testament to Gueye that his performance didn’t dip. I think that’s lots to do with how EFC dealt with the situation. These things have to be managed. It’s the reality.
It was also his chance at a top CL club. The pinnacle of his career. We could never have kept him happy and I am sure that standing in his way would have harmed team morale.

If he had been he wouldn't have pushed for a move and break his contract 3 years early.

Doesn't been a professional mean you act professionally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back