2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I disagree, Dave. i don’t blame anybody for doing what’s best for them and their family. He was terrific for us, we were terrific for Gueye. We got a very good return on our investment, it was decent business for all.
They and their families are well taken care of anyway. He's in his late 20s and he's had whopping contracts that make him and his family enough for you or I to live on 100 times over...and then some.

He's not a street waif from Dakar who's just got his first professional wage packet.

Financially he (and his family) were well secured before signing for PSG.

They and their families are well taken care of anyway. He's in his late 20s and he's had whopping contracts that make him and his family enough for you or I to live on 100 times over...and then some.

He's not a street waif from Dakar who's just got his first professional wage packet.

Financially he (and his family) were well secured before signing for PSG.

...of course he is, you can actually say the likes of Dowell and Kenny are financially secure but they will all push for the big move if they have an opportunity to go.

I recall you being critical of the club when the likes of Barkley and Lukaku left. The power is very much with the player in the modern game, Bosman has changed things, particularly if they are in demand. It’s a lot more difficult for clubs to hold onto the good ones and shift the bad ones.

...of course he is, you can actually say the likes of Dowell and Kenny are financially secure but they will all push for the big move if they have an opportunity to go.

I recall you being critical of the club when the likes of Barkley and Lukaku left. The power is very much with the player in the modern game, Bosman has changed things, particularly if they are in demand. It’s a lot more difficult for clubs to hold onto the good ones and shift the bad ones.
Three years on a contract. I'd like to know how many outside Gueye to walk with that time on their contract.

It's simple: Brands never signed Gueye, he wasn't prepared to fight to retain him. It wasn't personal enough. And we suffered badly because of that inability to see what was best for the team.

Three years on a contract. I'd like to know how many outside Gueye to walk with that time on their contract.

It's simple: Brands never signed Gueye, he wasn't prepared to fight to retain him. It wasn't personal enough. And we suffered badly because of that inability to see what was best for the team.
Playing Champions League football and living in Paris had nothing to do with it.

Playing Champions League football and living in Paris had nothing to do with it.
So what?

He's our player. He's a professional. He gets on with our decision to retain him. The manager wanted him retained. The DoF made the decision to sell.

...anyway, this is the Gbamin thread....

...I’d imagine most would walk regardless of contract when a club like PSG came calling. In respect of in-demand players, a lengthy contract is good for the selling club because it means they can demand more for the player.

We have recently tied Richarlison up to a lengthy new deal. It protects the club in ensuring the player doesn’t leave on the cheap, but it doesn’t necessarily mean the player won’t want to leave.

...I’d imagine most would walk regardless of contract when a club like PSG came calling. In respect of in-demand players, a lengthy contract is good for the selling club because it means they can demand more for the player.

We have recently tied Richarlison up to a lengthy new deal. It protects the club in ensuring the player doesn’t leave on the cheap, but it doesn’t necessarily mean the player won’t want to leave.
They'd have gone away if Brands had given a firm rebuff to their initial inquiry. He didn't do that.

They'd have gone away if Brands had given a firm rebuff to their initial inquiry. He didn't do that.
Mate do you not remember we haven't won a trophy in like 25 years?

Or that whilst gueye was at the club he played under 4 managers , bombed out of Europe , losing runs , bottom 3 threats etc.

Maybe gueye went to psg because we have been a pee poor football club who both wasted 250 million on players and have been badly run up until now?

Maybe moving to psg was to play with actual top level players , win trophies , play European football without being booed off the pitch every game?

Until ancelotti walked through the door, I wouldn't have blamed any player demanding to leave us .

If àny player no longer wants to wear our jersey he can go. Gbamin can't possibly be in that category so what's the problem in this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back