2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he’s training and “fit”. It’s going to take him ages to get match fit. The guy hasn’t played in nearly two years. No chance we will see anything decent from him until next season.

Hopefully he can get some game time. I would hope if he is medically fit we can get him match fit by end of the season. I'm like you not expecting too much this season but I'm hopeful he will be able to use the remainder of the season to get more accustomed to the Premier League.

Even if he’s training and “fit”. It’s going to take him ages to get match fit. The guy hasn’t played in nearly two years. No chance we will see anything decent from him until next season.

Which is fine

Lets hope we get enough opportunities to give im 5, 10, 15mins this season and build him up. We make jokes of him being made of glass, some blame brands for a horror injury. Ultimately he's had an awful injury, was rushed back and got another. Don't rush him back again (it appears that's what the club are doing now, taking their time). We dont know what level he can play at as he played like what, an hour for us? He could be awful or he could be great. If we get a bit of luck and he does find some confidence, form and a firm footing, could be a much needed addition in midfield.

Would be great for him to overcome his injury issues but he's been out for so long he's going to have to show a lot of desire to get back to a high level of football.

Harsh to consider it in that fashion though. It isn't like he hasn't performed, he has suffered terrible injuries.

We had a lad in the 90's we signed, Danny Williamson, similar happened. Remember he played really well in a derby match and hat was one of the last times he played. Generally speaking Brands signings have been decent and he could have been anpther Godfrey level/type.

It's a real shame and would have probably made a real difference to the team. Injuries do happen. I hope he can play a role but I think I've said a few times, I am wary of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back