2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t playing in the U23s hindered by how many over aged players you can play mate,whereas when it was the reserves there was no limits on how many first team players could play.

I think there's a limit but it's not like we'd exceed it. You don't want too many anyway of course as it would just be naff. Got a feeling it's like 3.

Isn’t playing in the U23s hindered by how many over aged players you can play mate,whereas when it was the reserves there was no limits on how many first team players could play.

Half the point of the U23’s existing is so players like Gbamin can regain fitness, no idea why we haven’t done it.

If he doesn’t start on Sunday (he won’t) then he’s finished at Everton tbh. A series of loans around Europe with us paying 80% of his wages beckon.

I mean, he played against Huddersfield and was so out of his depth it was ridiculous.

Like I know he hasn’t played, but he couldn’t even do the basics of passing. Not really sure what we’re meant to do with him tbh. Wolves wasn’t much better.

As @MACCA75 just said then, what’s the point of the U23s, get him back to match fitness and he may just come good.

But so far, I’ve yet to see anything resembling a footballer in the small sample size we’ve had this season.

If i've asked this question once, i've asked it a dozen times

Why is he not playing U23 games?

It's a completely baffling decision to me

Was literally about to post this myself

How do you get fit after missing 2 years without playing matches.

Should be in u23s and getting sub appearances in the first team by now

But instead...

Sounds like Benitez is trying to nurse him back in a realistic way. He obviously wasn’t ready.

Nurse him back? He’s been available since about March and had a full pre-season.

Benitez is such a dope he started a player out for 2 years with zero game preparation.

Obviously not at the right level to play premier league football for whatever reason. Probably why he wasn’t getting in the team originally. We threw him in and he’s immediately had to come back out.

The manager isnt the right level.

Hes a bloody idiot...look at the injuries in the squad and his handling of Gbamin.

Should be in u23s and getting sub appearances in the first team by now

But instead...

Benitez is such a dope he started a player out for 2 years with zero game preparation.

The manager isnt the right level.

Hes a bloody idiot...look at the injuries in the squad and his handling of Gbamin.

How are the injuries his fault? I’d consider this if we’d had a great record in this department beforehand but almost every single season I can remember has been blighted by injuries, we’ve got one of the worst medical departments in the league.

If anything, the fact that Benitez has already made personnel changes in this area and we’ve seen perennial sick notes like Delph Gbamin Tosun actually available for selection suggests he might have actually made some improvements in this area.

As nymzee says, you can play 3 over 23s in the U23s. The point of that is it's for players to get back to fitness.

As far as I'm aware, Gbamin has only ever played 45 mins for the U23s and that was before he came back in April, to then only get injured again.

He should have been playing in the U23s regularly this season so that when he was called upon, he had that sharpness at least.

He literally said that even if a player isn't ready, they have to perform. So started a player that he knew wasn't ready, who hadn't started a game for 2 years, and then blamed the player for the performance. That's not nursing him back.
And put said player into a midfield two to boot, offering no protection to Gbamin or the defenders behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.