Jermaine Beckford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be a bargain... well in GOT for breaking this story long ago,
keep em comin LCAB and source...and i think matt damon on this 1 2.

Just hope and pray Saha and Yakubu become interested and find their form next season cause if we are relying on Beckford "to get us where we want to be" then god help us.

Keep him on the bench and use him if we need a change, and for Carling cup games but anything else and we might as well stick Cahill up there again.

Bit harsh to write the lid off before hes kicked a ball for us Death mate.

Highly rated striker with pace, for free, if hes gash we stick him in the rejects bin.

It's a win-win situation really, if he's good he'll contribute and if he's not we can sell him in and make a profit on him.

Hopefully he'll provide what Vaughan did in spurts, pace and someone who runs in behind opposition defences, it is something we lack at times. He's going to have to put the effort in though, he doesn't have the natural talent of Yakubu or Saha.

It's a win-win situation really, if he's good he'll contribute and if he's not we can sell him in and make a profit on him.

Hopefully he'll provide what Vaughan did in spurts, pace and someone who runs in behind opposition defences, it is something we lack at times. He's going to have to put the effort in though, he doesn't have the natural talent of Yakubu or Saha.

There is nothing I can add to this quite brilliant post of clarity from the forum's own Mr T Blue.

Looks so weird seeing him in an Everton shirt now. Au revoir Jermaine!

I guess you have to give him credit for going over for free, would you see any of Chelsea or Man City's lot do that? But then again, he's pretty used to playing for clubs that aren't so rich!(y)

Bit harsh to write the lid off before hes kicked a ball for us Death mate.

Highly rated striker with pace, for free, if hes gash we stick him in the rejects bin.

Highly rated by who? Leeds fans? If he was that good he wouldn't be a League 1 striker on a free would he.

I hope he does come good but its a huge risk. Simply because i'm worried about Saha and Yakubu and the fact we have an unproven guy with a bad attitude from League 1 as backup.

Thats not the kind of guy i want to take a risk on, especially as we should be aiming to win soemthing next year and make the top 3.

He should be in the same boat as the Amercian kids and guys liek Coleman, bring them in and have a see how they get on, if they impress give them more chances. I wouldn't mind him playing in the reserves for a few months before gettinga few first team, games if he deserves it.

But if Yakubu doesn't get back to his 20+ a season form and Saha carries on his cant be arsed-ness from last season do we want to turn to League 1 striker on a free hardly anyone else wanted to help us win things and make the top 3?

Big risk in that sense.

Highly rated by who? Leeds fans? If he was that good he wouldn't be a League 1 striker on a free would he.

I hope he does come good but its a huge risk. Simply because i'm worried about Saha and Yakubu and the fact we have an unproven guy with a bad attitude from League 1 as backup.

Thats not the kind of guy i want to take a risk on, especially as we should be aiming to win soemthing next year and make the top 3.

He should be in the same boat as the Amercian kids and guys liek Coleman, bring them in and have a see how they get on, if they impress give them more chances. I wouldn't mind him playing in the reserves for a few months before gettinga few first team, games if he deserves it.

But if Yakubu doesn't get back to his 20+ a season form and Saha carries on his cant be arsed-ness from last season do we want to turn to League 1 striker on a free hardly anyone else wanted to help us win things and make the top 3?

Big risk in that sense.

Well no-one's saying he's a world class striker but in the four years he's been at Leeds he's played in a way which makes people think he's too good for the third tier. Doesn't Moyes have a track record of unleashing a load of potential in players that we'd never seen before?

Hes hungry, hes got a point to prove to you and everybody else who has dismissed him as a League one striker with a bad attitude.

To be honest at the moment I would pick him before the 2 lazy sacks of [Poor language removed] we had upfront for the last part of the season.

There was Yak walking around lookin for his next move and then Saha with his couldnt give a fcuk attitude.

If hes really, really [Poor language removed] he wont play, Moyes aint no mug. You assume he will play him cos he got him in? Im fairly sure hes been told to get used to Reserve team football for a while, if he has a good pre-season and hits the ground running whos to say he wont be a success.

The lad knows where the goal is.

Well no-one's saying he's a world class striker but in the four years he's been at Leeds he's played in a way which makes people think he's too good for the third tier. Doesn't Moyes have a track record of unleashing a load of potential in players that we'd never seen before?

THIS. And as you know I've spoken to .... at Leeds and they reckon he'll do well under Moyes at Everton.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing him play with some service into the box that we can give him.

Another thing is - he's the type of player we've sorely lacked as (as LCAB calls it) CASTLE GREYSKULL and Old Trafford, when literally we've just needed to put it in the net....

He's got bite and will scrap.

Pleased he signed off by sending Leeds up.

More pleased he's now an Everton player on a Bosman (y)

THIS. And as you know I've spoken to .... at Leeds and they reckon he'll do well under Moyes at Everton.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing him play with some service into the box that we can give him.

Another thing is - he's the type of player we've sorely lacked as (as LCAB calls it) CASTLE GREYSKULL and Old Trafford, when literally we've just needed to put it in the net....

He's got bite and will scrap.

Pleased he signed off by sending Leeds up.

More pleased he's now an Everton player on a Bosman (y)

I've heard quite the opposite to be honest.

But given the step up in League's I can see him really knuckling down and adding to other aspects of his game. He's going to have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back