• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Jermaine Jenas sacked by the BBC

Always had an irrational dislike for him, after listening to him on BT during the Champions League.

Whenever he commentated on PSG, he'd refer to them as "Paris", and it just used to infuriate me.

There's a Paris FC in the second tier, these are clearly "PSG", like calling Man Utd "Manchester".

Fella ticked every box for BBC though. Pleasant, lacking charisma, safe and he's blown his £200k a year job, with bi annual trips to major tournaments.

Feel maybe I sound bitter, but just don't like him. Known, Murphy & Ferdinand next please!
I actually thought he had done well. A good jump from council estate kid, to footballer, but unfullfilled talent then making a leap into a fairly eloquent if unexciting safe pair of hands for family tv.
I thought he did well early into his career, as a pundit. But like a lot of them, they become less interesting with age.

I dislike the wave of celebrities being parachuted into TV presenting jobs.

What happened to people starting out on work experience at their local radio station, or doing regional TV, before going on to better things?

Jenas is no Terry Wogan.
Agreed.

Ex players doing MOTD and other footy analysis then fair enough, but for presenting the likes of The One Show then let people who are passionate about media as a career and have pursued it through college/uni do it. They will be cheaper and better at it.

The BBC had to put a net behind the sofa on the one show as 80% of the stuff wen't over his head.

He was on 190k a year for doing motd and talking [Poor language removed].

I take half his pay and talk double the amount of [Poor language removed] if the BBC is interested. I am a middle aged white male so could be an issue.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back