Confirmed Signing Jesper Lindstrom

I mean that just isn’t it these days, is it? Nearly every rumour is “clubs close, player already agreed terms”. Illegal but happens.

Why would you even pursue a deal with a club if you don’t even know if the player wants it.
Can't imagine we'd be at this point without a nod from the agent that he'd be keen. The loan part is pretty straightforward I'd have thought, but I think sometimes terms for the permanent option are also agreed from the offset which might need a bit of negotiation.

I mean that just isn’t it these days, is it? Nearly every rumour is “clubs close, player already agreed terms”. Illegal but happens.

Why would you even pursue a deal with a club if you don’t even know if the player wants it.
Right, both negotiations are usually simultaneous but one finishes before the other. But with Chermiti wasn’t it reported that a deal was struck with the club before he was aware of the approach?

Clubs can speak to players if they have permission from the selling club. Permission is usually given before fees etc are agreed.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.