2024/25 Jesper Lindstrom

Everyone in our squad has those moments where they pick the wrong pass, miscontrol, or miss a sitter. But there was a stark difference in our ability to get up the pitch and put some attacking play together when he came out for Harrison, and more so when Ndiaye also came off.
They need to both be starting and at least one playing the full 90 every match in my opinion.

….based on their progression, I can see both being regular starters.

Thought he was poor if I’m being honest.

Don’t see it with this lid at all, be surprised if he makes a big impact here.
Can you expand on this, because I am really struggling to understand how people form opinions like this on players who've played about 3 matches worth of minutes for the club.

Not trying to stir the pot by the way. I'm genuinely curious because I saw this kind of opinion by a couple in the match thread and I'm baffled by it.

Created FOR him because of his excellent movement. Getting into GREAT positions. Why do fans want our players to fail before they even have a fair shake? It is incredible.
Who said i want him to fail mate? Im unhappy about his wastefulness so far in the final third. The point is, like i said after the soton game , we cant keep missing chances in big moments in games and in the last two the buck stops with him. Go and read every other thread and see everyone and everything blamed for our failure to win. At the end of the day if he uses those big moments better that isnt happening. Players need to take chances and are open to valid criticism if they dont. That isnt wanting him to fail thats wanting him to be better. Or are players no longer open to criticism? Shall we all just head to the Dyche page and blame the substitutions or everything else and overlook the big chances that have gone begging in games?

Who said i want him to fail mate? Im unhappy about his wastefulness so far in the final third. The point is, like i said after the soton game , we cant keep missing chances in big moments in games and in the last two the buck stops with him. Go and read every other thread and see everyone and everything blamed for our failure to win. At the end of the day if he uses those big moments better that isnt happening. Players need to take chances and are open to valid criticism if they dont. That isnt wanting him to fail thats wanting him to be better. Or are players no longer open to criticism? Shall we all just head to the Dyche page and blame the substitutions or everything else and overlook the big chances that have gone begging in games?
We conceded after he left the pitch. I’m not going to argue that subbing him off lost us the lead, but we were ahead while he was on the pitch yeah? Should he be blamed for the result when we were winning with him on?

I’m not saying he isn’t open to criticism. I am saying that you misrepresented what people were saying. That is it. People criticized him and you said they overlooked his poor finishing which wasn’t true whatsoever.

We conceded after he left the pitch. I’m not going to argue that subbing him off lost us the lead, but we were ahead while he was on the pitch yeah? Should he be blamed for the result when we were winning with him on?

I’m not saying he isn’t open to criticism. I am saying that you misrepresented what people were saying. That is it. People criticized him and you said they overlooked his poor finishing which wasn’t true whatsoever.
The majority can see he has something about him and could be a very useful player for us. He helped defensively, he made us more of a threat and yet he still has more to come. Compared to Harrison he has to start over him

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back