2024/25 Jesper Lindstrom

I feel he’s light mate, I think he’s off the pace of it and I think he doesn’t have the natural atlethisim to impact at this level, he struggled to link, he struggled in transition and felt he struggled to carry the ball. His distribution was just always an bit off, he didn’t look composed and then there was the chances he had.

He had some nice and tidy moments were he contributed.

I hope it’s an adjustment to the league, but doesn’t seem like a 20 - 30 mill footballer to me.

I’m open minded though.

Hopefully I’m wrong.

….i’m a bit the opposite of that. Lindstrom looks a good athlete to me, his running style reminds me a bit of Beckham but I do think he runs away when behind the opposition. I don’t think he struggles to carry the ball, I think it could be a strength.

He’s been wasteful in key areas. That wasn’t a difficult ball to pass square in the 2nd half but he failed. His two one-on-ones in the week surprisingly lacked technique. I always say to footy kids that goalkeepers are like ‘Father Christmas’, they leave you a little present, be it a gap down one of their sides or ultimately through their legs. He looks composed enough, I’m more of a view he’s not up to speed.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back