2024/25 Jesper Lindstrom

Bernard and Bilyetdinov, although lovely touch players and talented, didn't have either of the physical attributes needed for the EPL. Both lacked pace and strength. JL has a lot of pace and, unlike someone like Walcott, he seems to have intelligent movement. It's not blind luck that he is finding space in behind opposing teams so often. He obviously needs to improve the end product to be a top player but even if he never does just having someone who runs in behind a lot will create space for others and help us to play better football. I think there are enough signs that he could be a really good player to be encouraged. He isn't perfect yet which is why he plays for us.

Good thoughtful post mate, like to see goals and assists come from him, but it's early days as yet, much better than Harrison, quite pacy and intelligent footballer, I think/ hope the best is to come.

I've seen more threat in the final third from Lindstrom than what Harrison gives us, but the way Dyche thinks he's more concerned about what they give defensively, unfortunately.

Exactly what i was thinking. Give him time. The real danger is Dyche. Dyche will always revert back to and give more time to players he feels keep shape and structure. Im hoping Ndiaye shakes him out of that a bit and players who can create winning games situations are just as important.

Bernard and Bilyetdinov, although lovely touch players and talented, didn't have either of the physical attributes needed for the EPL. Both lacked pace and strength. JL has a lot of pace and, unlike someone like Walcott, he seems to have intelligent movement. It's not blind luck that he is finding space in behind opposing teams so often. He obviously needs to improve the end product to be a top player but even if he never does just having someone who runs in behind a lot will create space for others and help us to play better football. I think there are enough signs that he could be a really good player to be encouraged. He isn't perfect yet which is why he plays for us.

Not sure i agree with most of that mate! But as I say I’ll give the lid time, I’m open minded on him, but I’m not seeing what most others are if I’m honest, perhaps I’m wrong or not giving him a fair crack - so maybe something to reflect on. Instinctively though that’s where I’m at.

Not sure i agree with most of that mate! But as I say I’ll give the lid time, I’m open minded on him, but I’m not seeing what most others are if I’m honest, perhaps I’m wrong or not giving him a fair crack - so maybe something to reflect on. Instinctively though that’s where I’m at.
I suspect that we've been so starved of flair players that when one comes along we're not sure at all

I suspect that we've been so starved of flair players that when one comes along we're not sure at all

Ha, might be a bit of that, he does offer something different, I actually thought for most of the game, it looked a league to far for him and thought he was beginning to effect the shape before he came off, but with so many holding one opinion on here - I could be wrong, something to reflect on! I’m very open minded on him!

Actually thought the Leicester winger Mavididi was the best player on the park, a real menace and destroyed us at times, gave Garner an awful afternoon.

Maybe I’m missing something.

Last edited:
He's shown more than enough in last couple of games to be given the opportunity to show he can add more clinical decision making and goals to his game. No idea if he can do that but he deserves the chance over a consistent run of matches. There's clearly a player in there and hopefully he can prove to himself and us that he can perform in the Premier League.

My understanding of him is that hes not outright fast, but surprisingly quick with the ball at his feet.
Harrison might get you 3 -4 goals a season i think this fella will come good and get you around 8 goals.
I also think he will get more assists than harrison.
Its really a case of dyche overcoming his strong urge to pick those who fit his defensive framework.
Ive no doubt dyche secretly blames these flair players for our downturn in defence, because he seems to rule out that being playing the likes of keane and young.

What do you disagree with? Did Bernard and Bily have poor touches? Did they actually have pace and power? Is JL actually not quick? Did Walcott have intelligent movement? Has JL not got into good positions? Does having a good runner not create space for others?

Ha, might be a bit of that, he does offer something different, I actually thought for most of the game, it looked a league to far for him and thought he was beginning to effect the shape before he came off, but with so many holding one opinion on here - I could be wrong, something to reflect on! I’m very open minded on him!

Actually thought the Leicester winger Mavididi was the best player on the park, a real menace and destroyed us at times, gave Garner an awful afternoon.

Maybe I’m missing something.
Mavididi has played over 50 games for Leicester so should be very comfortable.
He's also 27 yrs old and played for some huge clubs in his career. He was up against a ring rusty Garner , would have been very different against a fully fit Coleman.

Lindstrom has played in 2 games for us and at 24 yrs old has a lot of developing to do .
He's got everything we have wanted in a wide forward for a long time. Pace , Carries the ball , great first touch and puts defenders on the back foot.
Once he comfortably settles this lad will be a very good signing for us.

What do you disagree with? Did Bernard and Bily have poor touches? Did they actually have pace and power? Is JL actually not quick? Did Walcott have intelligent movement? Has JL not got into good positions? Does having a good runner not create space for others?

Id agree with the assessment of Bernard and Billy - clearly good technical players, i dont agree as yet with Lindstrom that he deviates from the limits those players expierenced. Its not a hill i want to die on and im very fluid in my thinking, but im not at all convinced he is suited to this league, that he will impact on it and have an Everton career or wont ultimately be comparable in his Everton career to the two B's.

Im not writing the lad off - i hope im wrong, i didn't see what others are seeing in him yesterday - though he grew into the game somewhat and began to fade again, im on board with going him time and letting him adjust and very much hope my indicative reaction in wrong.

Ill be back to call out this post if it turns out to be BS in the future, its just my take as the crow flies! ;)

Its a foolish person who talks in definites given the limited time he has had here or in the league.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back