2024/25 Jesper Lindstrom

I thought he did ok yesterday and he is quite pacy. He was wasteful with his chances but at least he is getting into those positions.
I thought he could have stayed on for another 10 minutes as he had just skinned the full back to be denied a goal scoring assist by a last ditch interception by a defender.
Once he was replaced by Harrison the whole momentum shifted and against a visibly tiring Garner that’s when Mahavidi started to affect the Leicester attacks…up until then he had been quiet.
He’s miles better than Harrison and should be a starter from now on as the alternative has been shown to be ineffective over many games.
I think the thinking is that Harrison provides better cover for the right back

Involved in 4 big moments in 2 games and nothing to show for them. Didnt think he was outstanding today by any stretch of the imagination yet people are dying to sing his praises and overlook the big chances wasted. Very odd.
I get what you’re saying. The very fact that he’s getting into scoring positions far more than Harrison does is a good sign for me. I’m hoping he’ll start scoring his chances soon.

I think the thinking is that Harrison provides better cover for the right back
The best form of cover for a right back is to have a winger that worries the opposition because they won't want to over expose themselves down that flank. Harrison complete lack of attacking threat, ability to take us up the pitch and carelessness in possession makes us defensively weaker even if he had the defensive prowess of Gary Steven, which he doesn't.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back