2023/24 Joao Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit that I was shocked when we gave him a long term contract after a few uninspiring loan seasons the other year.

Clearly the coaches saw something the others didn't as he's been excellent in his few appearances. It's telling that Dyche (who appears loathe to change the starting XI usually) is happy to give him cup games.

Well done lad, hope he gets the next round too.

Has always looked a good shot-stopper, just limited with his feet and couldn't cope with high balls into the goal-mouth.

Tonight was good for the nerves, if anything were to happen to Pickford I've assumed for years it would be a total disaster. Perhaps not after all. Massively improved from a few years ago.

….he was awful when he came. I recall a couple of real bloopers when he first went on loan and thought he was a liability. Indeed, I don’t think reports from any of his loan spells have been particularly good. I was very surprised he was given a new deal but he’s looking transformed.

Delighted to be proved wrong, long may it continue.

Looks a real solid back up. That’s all we need. Backups rarely play but knowing he can do a job if he comes in is a real positive as we have had some awful backups over the years.

With a grid like this, he’ll scare the opposition away!

IMG_7106.webp

….he was awful when he came. I recall a couple of real bloopers when he first went on loan and thought he was a liability. Indeed, I don’t think reports from any of his loan spells have been particularly good. I was very surprised he was given a new deal but he’s looking transformed.

Delighted to be proved wrong, long may it continue.
Being honest Eggs he hasn’t had many chances in the last couple of years although he had a very good game, in the FA cup, against ManCity the season before last when he made some great saves until the last ten minutes when City scored two late goals and wasn’t at fault with either of them. He’s had two very good games now, although I didn’t see last nights game. When he’s needed again hopefully he’ll carry on the way he‘s responded recently.

If we have to sell Pickford in the summer to balance the books, then I think we can rest assured that we have a good replacement...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back