John Gudetti..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm from Sweden and I can say that this guy is truly no Drenthe. He is highly ambitious and wouldn't toss away his own career opportunities the Drenthe way. He is however very outspoken and comes across as arrogant (I don't see him as such). His style of play is industrious, powerful and fox in the box, clever player. Lacks some speed though. Would be a bargain, but probably not what we need the most.

True that. He is definitely no Drenthe. But he has a very big ego and he belives that is necessary to accomplish his goals of becoming world number 1 and he trains harder then most.

Think he could be a great addition to the squad. But he needs to come with an option to buy.

I like Guidetti a lot but would have to agree that the deal would be counterproductive to us if it doesn't come with an option to buy. I begrudge offering Citeh any help whatsoever since Lescott and, to a lesser extent, Rodwell.

wouldnt make sense for me... we dont need a striker anymore, got jelavic, anichebe, miralles, vellios, and some good youngsters... we only play one upfront... seems pointless...

Until we have someone who scores 20 goals a season consistently...we always need a striker.

...Jelavic may do that...but the rest of that list? Not a chance in hell's kitchen.

wouldnt make sense for me... we dont need a striker anymore, got jelavic, anichebe, miralles, vellios, and some good youngsters... we only play one upfront... seems pointless...

We also get shut of players.

Who last summer thought we'd be in the market for two CMs in the summer?

i imagine Moyes will only sign players on loan in january that are good enough to be in the first team squad each week. That maybe so with this guy, but it seems a bit of a stretch for me, given the attacking options we have

Thank you tim, do you think he has what it takes to step up or would he likely be a reserve striker?

I think he's good enough for first eleven!
Why I compared him with Drenthe?
Because he has almost the same unpredictable style of play and attitude on the pitch.
Not because of their attitude off it.

T.

There's better options out there than this guy, even in the eredivise currently there are better options

Guidetti is a fantastic footballer and a legend in Rotterdam!
But...he sometimes reminds me of Drenthe and I don't mean because of the color of his skin ;-)

I'll never forget when he took off his shirt (he was celebrating his goal) when he already was booked.
He was send off and Feyenoord nearly lost the game.

Still hope he comes and plays his best game against the RS!

Tim.

Not sure who you're thinking of there.

Unless you mean, the colour of his skin doesn't remind you of Drenthe - which would just be confusing.

He looks like he has FAS :unsure:

15ew4o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back