John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. He said he was unaware of a transfer request a few days ago. Today said no comment. He has never said Stones will 100% not hand in a transfer request.

Martinez would only be made to look a fool happen the board had accepted a bid over his head.

The player handing in a request is beyond his control.

I believe him when he intimated there was no transfer request before this afternoon.

Terrible from Chelsea but incredibly weak and selfish of Stones. One good season for us and he does this is unforgivable. Even if he does stay, it won't be his wish. He's a complete idiot and he was the last one I'd expect this from. Hope he flops.

I put this question to some people last week.

Its the first time he has been approached after a good 18 months, and jumps at the first chance.

Its akin to Rooney.

We sell and its the final nail in the coffin for this board and the club.

If he's sold then its Lescott all over again. In addition to that we can expect more fervent protests by the Blue Union. Bill Kenwright can only take so much. The £30M is useless to us at this time. Moreover how many Stones like defenders are there we can get? Liverpool couldn't get another Suarez, Spurs couldn't get another Bale. So its not an easy thing to do. Everton needs to show their balls today or we can be sure of similar situations with Barkley, Mccarthy and Lukaku.

Numerous people called this weeks ago.

The old "we wanted him to stay but he handed in a transfer request" scenario. People also suggested it would happen late and we "wouldn't have time to backfill". Others have also said we would need to sell him to fund any deal in the realms of a Yarmolenko scenario (big outlay).

The club is rotten to the core and we're not doing enough as supporters to sort it. No assets, no ambition and we're constantly lied to.

If we worked for a business with these objectives, we would have handed our notice in a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back