John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always thought that Stones has been very quiet during all of this. A lot of our other players speak out in the media and I have always wondered why he never said anything to suggest that he was happy here. Even Martinez's comments did not sound like a man convinced he was staying.

This has been on the cards from day one of the window and we all knew it was going to end with a last minute sale and some mediocre players in.

Lads he's as good as gone.

Not a chance we're keeping £40mill worth of unhappy player and to be honest I think he should be ashamed leaving it this late.

We can't afford as a club to let this drag out, if he's really serious he has to go. I can't imagine the reception he'll get though after this.

I'm gutted, but in all honesty can you blame him? He isnt a fan he is a professional. And he sees a club with zero ambition bringing in some Mori and Leondro characters to be his teamates while every club in the league is looking to improve.

Hope we sell him oversees or to United. Any team really other than Chelsea.

If he's sold then its Lescott all over again. In addition to that we can expect more fervent protests by the Blue Union. Bill Kenwright can only take so much. The £30M is useless to us at this time. Moreover how many Stones like defenders are there we can get? Liverpool couldn't get another Suarez, Spurs couldn't get another Bale. So its not an easy thing to do. Everton needs to show their balls today or we can be sure of similar situations with Barkley, Mccarthy and Lukaku.

Yeah, they could've. They just have Rodgers in charge making the transfers.

If he wants to go to Barca, Bayern, Real Madrid or even Man City it wouldn't bother me. But Chelsea? 'Koff

Lanky Judas.

Conversations with Bill.

#1 John, we don't want to lose you of course, but in the best interests of the club we have to accept an offer. You get CL, we get to improve the squad a little. Now, help me out. We have to manage the fans who are going to be really upset losing a player like you. Ask for a transfer and stick to my script. O K ?

#2 I know how upset you all are. I'm a blue too don't forget. We had to let him go unfortunately even though there were tears in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back