• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
f217638ca973450d8c3a77b1fbcb8e00.jpg

Please use this thread for all discussion relating to John Stones' 2015/16 match performances.

Feel free to start new threads regarding any new topics of discussion relating to this player - new contracts, player quotes, transfer news etc.​

Abysmal for their two goals today.

First one - nowhere near getting a head on that ball from the cross. Too passive.
Second one - committed to challenging the scorer, needlessly diving in and showing him the inside to get the shot off.

Loads more work needed on this lad.

You do wonder how much this speculation has affected him. Poor by his standards today, and if he was at Chelsea they wouldn't have been tolerated, benched next game. Luckily he's in the right place and hopefully he knows that, he will turn out top class.

You do wonder how much this speculation has affected him. Poor by his standards today, and if he was at Chelsea they wouldn't have been tolerated, benched next game. Luckily he's in the right place and hopefully he knows that, he will turn out top class.
...on that showing there'll be no £30M+ bid!

He's all at sea defensively. He cost us big time there today.

He'll be very good eventually. But that's why I wasn't beside myself at the thought of him leaving: he really should be at another club making these mistakes and knocking off the rough edges. If Chelsea come back with £35M I'd take their arm off.

...on that showing there'll be no £30M+ bid!

He's all at sea defensively. He cost us big time there today.

He'll be very good eventually. But that's why I wasn't beside myself at the thought of him leaving: he really should be at another club making these mistakes and knocking off the rough edges. If Chelsea come back with £35M I'd take their arm off.

He's got away with mistakes in the past a few times, today he didn't. That £35m bid won't materialize this window anyway so we won't have that decision to make.

He's got away with mistakes in the past a few times, today he didn't. That £35m bid won't materialize this window anyway so we won't have that decision to make.

Here's the elephant in the living room (something counterintuitive to the accepted belief): Stones + Jagielka is NOT a good CD partnership.

Stones needs a talker next to him if he's to learn how to defend. At Chelsea he'd be getting the bollocking of all bollockings from "JT".

The best thing that could happen to Stones now is if we go out and get a leader who can fit in alongside him.

Jagielka is a solid performer, but not the mentor Stones needs.

Stones needs a talker next to him if he's to learn how to defend. At Chelsea he'd be getting the bollocking of all bollockings from "JT".
The best thing that could happen to Stones now is if we go out and get a leader who can fit in alongside him
Jagielka is a solid performer, but not the mentor Stones needs.
Err, he's meant to be Terry's replacement. Unlikely that Jose will drop Cahill, Terry played every game last year, you may be paid well but you don't learn Mutch warming the bench I.e you don't get bollockings if you are not playing.

Abysmal for their two goals today.

First one - nowhere near getting a head on that ball from the cross. Too passive.
Second one - committed to challenging the scorer, needlessly diving in and showing him the inside to get the shot off.

Loads more work needed on this lad.
Agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back