• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll be slaughtered on MOTD tonight. I've no doubt whomever is on that panel will be using the slip ups for today's goals to question Mourinho's obsession this summer. It's just the way that media monster works.

Hopefully it wont knock his confidence going into the Southampton game.

The mistake for the second was pure inexperince, trying to read the shot. If Deeney (thinks thats who it was) would have shot and Stones would have blocked it, he would have praised for his reading of the game. It was a silly mistake, unlucky for him and us it lead to a goal

Anyone else see Jones having a very long, stern chat with him away from the group during the warm up?

I thought he looked lost today; lost and I never thought I would say this, but lacking energy. At one point was literally walking the ball out. Could be fitness. Could be something else.

Thought he played fine yesterday bar the 1 obvious mistake, which was purely inexpierance nothing to do with Chelsea's interest.

He's probably going to end up going. Luckily at the moment I don't think his exit will make or break us. He's replaceable at the moment, It's one a few years down the line when he's England and Chelsea captain, solid as a rock that we'll be more gutted.

Not much we can do.

Put yourself in Stones position, he has an opportunity to go to a team which will win trophies, or he can stay and have another season like last year.
If we bring in Shaqiri and Austin this week then he might think I'm better of staying here for another year and getting first team football in a team that is trying to improve. If we don't get in players of that quality then why should he stay when we don't deserve a player of his calibre.
I understand about player loyalty but the club has some responsibility here to try and match the players ambition.
If you worked for a firm that was slowly going down the pan and the management did nothing to arrest it, you were then offered a new job, doing the same thing, in a better firm at higher wages, ask yourself, what would you do ???

Well somebody thought he played well enough to get the Man of The Match award, see video on OS. A strange decision , tactical ploy to keep him happy maybe, Ross for me was easily our best player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back