• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think a lot of people other than those who saw him realise how brilliant Ratcliffe was for us - if Stones could win us as many trophies as Kevin we'd take that.

Let's start with one mate, and feel sorry for those whose only views of Ratcliffe are from grainy 5 minute youtubes tbh, utterly amazing cb and him and Southall were the rock that team was built upon

Quite simply the best Centre back in the country. That's no exaggeration at all. He is amazing. What a performance that was. Calm and composed, skillful and intelligent.

If this lad is to go, anything less than 60m would be a joke.

He's world class

When or IF (i hope not), he leaves us it will be to Barca or Madrid, the lad is that good and anywhere else he would be selling himself short, last time i saw a player of his age and position as good was Nesta

I don't think a lot of people other than those who saw him realise how brilliant Ratcliffe was for us - if Stones could win us as many trophies as Kevin we'd take that.

......mmmmm, think I'd compare him more with the traditional no5 CB rather than Ratcliffe or a John Hurst. Saying that, he's that good he's worthy of comparison with players who don't play in his position.

Within 2 years this lad will be the best defender in the world.

I've not seen this level of defender at our club since Ratcliffe. Sublime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back