• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....all I'm pointing out is the pre-occupation with the lad making mistakes but other high profile CBs also err. I'm not making excuses for him but I think his head went for much of last season, lack of concentration and application. If he still wants to leave I suggest it's in everybody's interest to make it happen at our valuation.

To be fair to the lad, the whole lot of them suffered towards the end of Martinez reign, he wasn't the only player making mistake, it's because the media have painted him as the next Beckenbauer that everyone is watching his every move. He'll be fine, at City though looking like.

Wow so as if by magic when our deals are meant to be close the stones deal suddenly resurfaces again in the press.

Surely not a coincidence that when we are ready to spend money a sale appears.

Have you been asleep mate?

Its the vital piece in the jigsaw.
Aye but it didn't need to be done first. Done anytime between now and end of january.

Just saying it's a bit odd that deals appear for us and stones.sale suddenly appears again. Like us signing now is directly connected to stones sale money

I think we will be quoting closer to £60m. It's only going to get harder as the days weeks go by. So if city want it they need to pay up.
Juve set £100m for pogba
We set £60m for stones

If may be inflated but we want to keep him as juve would want pogba.
Both players want to go so we as a club say ok we want crazy money. If someone wants to pay it you can go.

Aye but it didn't need to be done first. Done anytime between now and end of january.

Just saying it's a bit odd that deals appear for us and stones.sale suddenly appears again. Like us signing now is directly connected to stones sale money

Well it is mate, the math has been done, in order to rule comply we need to sell John F Stones, besides, the boy wants out, for the 2nd year running, I give the lad credit where others wont, yes he put in a transfer request, he didnt rock the boat, he kept his mouth shut and his head down, fair play to the lad, could have kicked off last summer, could have kicked off in January, could have started making a fuss at anytime, would have got the move 12months ago if he did.

But as I say, it suits everybody all round from what I can see, Stones gets his move, Pep get his player, we get the chunk of change we need to sign players and not fall foul of the rules.

Do I wish there was another way? Your God damn right I do, would I keep Stones if possible? YES, would I keep Stones if he really wants to leave, No, sorry.

Anyway, im going on.

Goodbye John, or should I say, Welcome home.

So without wishing to be an ass or anything, just to clarify:

We're definitely not in a position where we have to sell to buy; or new owner is rich, and very prepared to put money forward for transfers and team building out of his own pocket - he has stated this publically on more than one occasion I believe?

Yet we've not signed a single first-team player (third choice goalie is a ressies player to my mind, not a first-teamer), and now it looks like we're selling a prized asset, with less than 3 weeks to go until the first game of the season?

Now, I'm sure this is just awkward timing due to the delay waiting for a DoF to sign, the squad to be assessed, etc. etc. - but it really doesn't look great tbf

So without wishing to be an ass or anything, just to clarify:

We're definitely not in a position where we have to sell to buy; or new owner is rich, and very prepared to put money forward for transfers and team building out of his own pocket - he has stated this publically on more than one occasion I believe?

Yet we've not signed a single first-team player (third choice goalie is a ressies player to my mind, not a first-teamer), and now it looks like we're selling a prized asset, with less than 3 weeks to go until the first game of the season?

Now, I'm sure this is just awkward timing due to the delay waiting for a DoF to sign, the squad to be assessed, etc. etc. - but it really doesn't look great tbf

It doesnt look great.

You reserve the right to be annoyed, I would only ask that you judge the window once the window has closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back