• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be selling him to them after the season starts, we're not here to be messed about and we need ample time to get a replacement, either put the money up before the Spurs game or wait till next year. Business on our terms only.

Apart of me actually thinks he is going to stay! Man City meant to be signing Oxford, Pep also looking at making Delph and Fernandinho centre backs. Maybe its just hopeful thinking on my part

Apart of me actually thinks he is going to stay! Man City meant to be signing Oxford, Pep also looking at making Delph and Fernandinho centre backs. Maybe its just hopeful thinking on my part

I'm almost certain Stones will be starting the season with us... Whether he's here come September is a different matter.

He isn't one to strop though, which is a positive.

God I'm going to miss him. If he has to be the sacrificial lamb then so be it but he's one of my favourite players in world football.

Big big season for Stones,wherever it may be; he has to prove that all those cock ups last season were the anomaly and down to bad coaching and tactics.

Should stick under Koeman for a season but looking unlikely now isn't it.

Laughing at "Everton value him at 50m, but City rate him around 42m."

8m to Manchester City is the same as about 500k to Everton during the Kenwright era! Chicken feed.

In any case, what they value him at doesn't matter, does it? I mean, we have a price and if they meet it they can have him. End of story.

Last edited:

We need to be holding out for the fee that we want.

Him playing last night shows that a deal isn't close as otherwise we'd gone without I reckon.

We should make it clear that trying to wait it out will not budge our stance on the fee. If anything the later in the window, the more expensive he should become because it makes replacing him even harder.

I wondered when the first 'his body language is all wrong' post would crop up... ;)

Mate, I was the first to post the twitters images of him laughing and joking at the photoshoot the other day with Ross. I have always said I thought he is staying BUT, he looked disinterested last night. Could be just cos it's a meaningless friendly and he knew he was not playing first half.

A rolling John Stones gathers no Moss Side.

Would have worked better if they had stayed at Maine Road.

It wouldn't have worked then either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back