• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you're saying is that If we were in for Scott Dann for 50million and Arsenal were reported to be after him too, you'd be happy to sign him for that despite never having watched the player play?

The glue is for you man. When did I ever say I never watch him play? I did say "not a lot". Next time when you quote someone, just don't twist words to suit your perspective. Using Scott Dann as a scenario is ridiculous anyway.

That kind of thinking got us saddled with Niasse.
@hktoffee would have a-oked that signing.
"Oh yeah, 13.5mil and Chelsea are interested, what a BARGAIN"

This is ultra wum because Niasse was your idol Martinez's signing. Nothing was reported on the papers/media in January saying Chelsea was after him, making bids to sign him...other than Niasse himself.

I tell you what there is something called high calibre players. Footballers with great reputation and playing for big clubs even in the CL. You can take your Scott Dann with you because Arsenal would only buy him for £50m in your dream.

This is ultra wum because Niasse was your idol Martinez's signing. Nothing was reported on the papers/media in January saying Chelsea was after him, making bids to sign him...other than Niasse himself.

I tell you what there is something called high calibre players. Footballers with great reputation and playing for big clubs even in the CL. You can take your Scott Dann with you because Arsenal would only buy him for £50m in your dream.
Where did I say Martinez was my idol mate, calling me an ultra wum for sharing my opinion is a bit off too. How would you know if someone is a high calibre player if you don't bother to watch them play?
Are you just going to judge them on the club they play for and their reported pricetag again...

Where did I say Martinez was my idol mate, calling me an ultra wum for sharing my opinion is a bit off too. How would you know if someone is a high calibre player if you don't bother to watch them play?
Are you just going to judge them on the club they play for and their reported pricetag again...

Actually you got me wrong there. The captioned term was aimed at the rumours that Chelsea had made a bid for Niasse not at you so I apologise if you think the term was aimed at you which was untrue.

Factually incorrect. See the Telegraph, 9th of January

Ok "poised to make a bid" so not making a bid then. But you are right one paper reported on it.

i think the difference was Koeman is in charge now and I trust his decision while Niasse was a Martinez's signing and I did not have any faith in Martinez at the time. If Koeman wants Koulibaly I don't see any problem there as Koulibaly is held in high regard and playing for the runner up team for the Italian League.

You'd expect City to want him asap to bed him in before the season. It's not like they don't have the money, so what is the hold up? Perhaps he isn't leaving after all. It's not like Everton can say to them "Sure we'll accept 55m, but you have to wait until we have a replacement lined up, and currently everybody is turning us down so we can't really tell you when you can sign him"; if somebody offers 50m for a player you bought 3 years ago for 3m, then you take it. I guess they haven't even made an offer.

Anyway, even if we only spent 30m NET and could keep Stones, I'd be delighted. That'd mean 2/3 quality players in the first XI plus a defence taught by a master of the game as opposed to a rubbish ex-Chester City FC player who has no tactical awareness whatsoever.

would everything possible to keep, the lad is pure class, he had a poor second half of the season and made many mistakes, but its near enough impossible not to make mistakes when bobby is your manager, also having one of the best young ball playing centre backs playing RB... only bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back