• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.

I raise you this.

vardy_pk.0.gif

Why can't we agree that, although he could be great, he also has faults that need ironing out?
He wants to go, 'Pep' seems to want him. As much as we'd like him to stay, if he's not going to be a player for us, get it done.
I support Everton, not John Stones. It's the club that counts not a player.

Last season the fans sang Money can't buy you Stones - this year with a massive war chest for new players we are selling him to a rival top 4 team if we want to get there this season I suppose 55 milion is not to be sniffed at , but whats changed that makes sense in sellin Stones????
Is this an Arsenal theme sell assets for a stadia?

Last season the fans sang Money can't buy you Stones - this year with a massive war chest for new players we are selling him to a rival top 4 team if we want to get there this season I suppose 55 milion is not to be sniffed at , but whats changed that makes sense in sellin Stones????
Is this an Arsenal theme sell assets for a stadia?

Not sure mate, but Mourinho sold Mata to Utd and Chelsea won the league?

Not sure mate, but Mourinho sold Mata to Utd and Chelsea won the league?
Yet to see any spending, linked to every player not a one signed as yet, maybe Koeman is looking at what we really need , but as always skint or alledgely flush nothing has changed, other than Stones can now be sold?

Yet to see any spending, linked to every player not a one signed as yet, maybe Koeman is looking at what we really need , but as always skint or alledgely flush nothing has changed, other than Stones can now be sold?
While we haven't really seen any expenditure on players I think you'll find with the work being done to create the mini stadium and future plans to revamp ff the money is being invested off the pitch without question. I know the stadium issue is touchy and we've been lied to before but I honestly have a good feeling about Moshiri and think he was the one we should have waited for (well done bill :blush:). We'll see in time but I think last year the desire not to sell was more to keep people like Lukaku happy and to push on for a cl spot but with us falling short of that again it was time to let him move this year (not to mention the ffp restrictions) adding on to the fact we have the financial power to not just replace him but get better without him and in that way we hopefully will win the PR war.

I think Bony is a good player, Mangala, as you say no, but Otamendi is decent.
I would take Bony but only as an option off the bench and only if his inclusion in a deal for Stones didn't significantly effect the £££ we get for him.

That said, Bony was great at Swansea when he was the main man, pretty poor at city when coming off the bench, so maybe he is best avoided altogether cos he aint replacing Lukaku.

I would take Bony but only as an option off the bench and only if his inclusion in a deal for Stones didn't significantly effect the £££ we get for him.

That said, Bony was great at Swansea when he was the main man, pretty poor at city when coming off the bench, so maybe he is best avoided altogether cos he aint replacing Lukaku.

Bit harsh, sign for a club get no game action and as sub, expected to fix what had not gone well?
Wonder whether Koeman will sometimes, wants to play 2 up top and sees him as the man, to hold the ball and let others(Lukaku) run off him?

Bit harsh, sign for a club get no game action and as sub, expected to fix what had not gone well?
Wonder whether Koeman will sometimes, wants to play 2 up top and sees him as the man, to hold the ball and let others(Lukaku) run off him?

Not saying he was treated well at city, the grass definitely isn't always greener. Delph is another example of that.

I think we will see Koeman play two up top at times, thankfully we now have a manager who likes to adapt his formations and tactics when needed. I think lukaku benefits from this the most as for all his good attributes his hold up play and first touch does need work.

Not a great fan of Mangala but Koeman may see raw potential in him and if Stones goes to City he's way down the pecking order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back