• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Terry trial to take place after Euro 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 50 years time, the footballing world will look back at how 'the old guard' at the FA overlooked quality young players for the future, and instead took someone to tournament after tournament who has never done ANYTHING for England, and probably never will.

He's just an Ingerrrland luvvie to the FA who want to sell shirts and stick his meat head face on everything and anything, so youngsters all of the country think "I want to be John Terry...!".

I understand why Chico hates England FC, I hate them too.

Pick a squad of players under 26 years old and i might be interested. And i bet you they do better than the current crop of media frenzied "i'm on a million pounds a day but i'm bored..." players.

Wah wah wah I hate England wah wah wah.

I'm the only one in this thread that's said I hate the current England FC so I assume your talking to me.

It's a football team thing NIK, I dont approve of the players selected and the manager, its not a "who's side am I on when North Korea attack.." thing.

I think it's very unfair that just because I am English and like football that I have to back the current England FC team regardless of who is in it and what they have done.

The national team should be the pride of the country, I'm not proud of pretty much any of them. I'm embarrassed.

Sorry like.

I'm the only one in this thread that's said I hate the current England FC so I assume your talking to me.

It's a football team thing NIK, I dont approve of the players selected and the manager, its not a "who's side am I on when North Korea attack.." thing.

I think it's very unfair that just because I am English and like football that I have to back the current England FC team regardless of who is in it and what they have done.

The national team should be the pride of the country, I'm not proud of pretty much any of them. I'm embarrassed.

Sorry like.

Exactly. The Rugby Union team are going through just what you suggested for the football team. Out with the old guard.....

I wasn't actually talking directly to you Muggs! It was directed at a lot of people on this forum. Meh, in my opinion you should support your country no matter what. Even if you don't want to, how you can't want them to win I will never understand. Doesn't matter who's playing. Anyway the attitudes of some people on this forum don't reflect the majority of football supporters, scousers, cockneys, geordies alike. It just gives an impression to our american, and european friends on here. Gives them some sort of encouragement to stick the boot in because 'it's ok they don't even like there own country', and on an English teams forum with a mjority of Englsih people I find it cheeky as. National pride has become something we're supposed to be ashamed of nowadays. You wouldn't get that in France, germany, spain etc no matter how many ****houses they have playing for them.

Maybe you don't understand because you're from Mordor Nik.

In Liverpool there's 2 massive teams in the city. I think this means support for England is smaller than in places like Rotherham or Plymouth were there's no team with any chance of success. You always see the 'Gillingham FC' or 'Macclesfield FC' England flags, so I think a lot of lower league fans follow England more passionately. I know support for England isn't huge in Manchester, and United fans used to sing anti-England songs everywhere. Probably for the same reason.

As well, more than half of Scousers are ancestrally Irish and probably about 25% have one or more Irish grandparent(s).

Plus there's been years of the rest of the country hating us for no reason and numerous governments basically neglecting the North West.

Due to all this there really isn't a great sense of national pride in Liverpool. Very few people are even arsed about England, never mind 'support' them.

Maybe you don't understand because you're from Mordor Nik.

A lot of scousers aren't arsed about England because there's already 2 massive teams in the city.

As well, more than half of Scousers are ancestrally Irish and probably about 25% have one or more Irish grandparent(s).

Plus there's been years of the rest of the country hating us for no reason and numerous governments basically neglecting the North West.

Due to all this there really isn't a great sense of national pride in Liverpool. Very few people are even arsed about England, never mind 'support' them.

Don't patronise me. I live with a scouser I know the whole deal. Just gives a **** impression to our foreign contigent on here. Encourages them to say stuff that really pisses me off to be 'down with the locals'.

Don't patronise me. I live with a scouser I know the whole deal. Just gives a **** impression to our foreign contigent on here. Encourages them to say stuff that really pisses me off.
I'm not patronising you.

Why are you so arsed? If someone doesn't want to support England why do they have to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back