• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Terry trial to take place after Euro 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry said he had been responding to accusations from the opposing centre-half that he had used racist language. "I thought Anton was accusing me of using a racist slur against him," he said. "I responded aggressively, saying I never used that term." The key part of the footage, where the England captain said he shouted "Oi, Anton, I never said …", is obscured by Ashley Cole walking across the camera shot.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/24/john-terry-anton-ferdinand-chelsea-qpr

so i'm making up bull**** aye??

and why shouldnt he be banned for life? If i'd called somebody a black c-nt at the match i would expect to be banned for life and rightly so. Your story about the bus driver is completely irrelevant, how can you compare the two?

Can you not see how you've contradicted yourself? You've just said Terry admitted to calling him it, yet you say that all he said was that he didn't call him it. Muppet. Terry's statement is basically that he said that ' I didn't call you a black [Poor language removed]'. Which is plausible and not even punishable. If anton ferdinand said 'did you just call me a black [Poor language removed]?' Then what is wrong with Terry saying he didn't?

And also no, if he is guilty to ban him for life is utterly over the top and ridiculous. We all say and do stuff in the heat of the moment. Even if he is guilty this isn't a Suarez where he persisted in doing it in a deliberate attempt to antagonise the other player, it was during an argument. Not exuseable if he is guilty, but not a lifetime ban from football. Stupid thing to say. End of the day whilst it isn't a good thing to say racist things, I think society needs to grow thicker skin and treat it with the distain it deserves, not go into a ****ing meltdown. If he is guilty (and I still don't think he is) then everyone should just look at him and think what a silly man he's been. He would have said something stupid in the heat of an argument. He is human. It happens. Face a few games on the touchline. Sincerely apologise. Done and dusted. All the people that persistantly make this kind of thing bigger than it is think they are doing good, but they are not, they are making social tensions and racial tensions even worse than they already are at the moment.

I don't know what he said. I just think the fact he shouted and no one reacted tells you the whole story. I wouldn't put it past him though. Just don't think he did this time. Tbh this whole racism thing has got way out of hand. All the 'hang him' 'lock him up for 25 years its as bad as murder lad' is bollocks.

I tend to agree. Why is calling someone a "blind" cnut a defence to the charge of calling him a "black" cnut?

Terry to judge: Err my lord I am not racist but I do refer to the blind as [Poor language removed].......

Judge to Terry:oh err that's all right lad leave without a stain on your character

Weird when you think of it. We arbitrarily choose things you can say and things you can't. Now I presonally prefer if we don't insult at all but it is very arbitrary.

It just gives an impression to our american, and european friends on here. Gives them some sort of encouragement to stick the boot in because 'it's ok they don't even like there own country', and on an English teams forum with a mjority of Englsih people I find it cheeky as.

I'd say the hostility towards England is due to the actions of the players and the fans following them mate in fairness. They're brought it entirely upon themselves. Do you see Scotland or Wales or Ireland's players behaving as consistently bellendish as England's? Do you see their fans behave in the same small minded, arrogant, aggressive way?

It's a dangerous cocktail. The people, for being island mentality narcissistic types. The media for their vanity and lack of realism. The footballers for believing they're far better than what they are.

It just turns people very much off them. Saying that you should support your country because you was born there is not valid really if people don't collectively identify with the masses, or even in most cases, want to be associated with them.

Anyway, this below post is brilliant.

I love this country, it's beautiful, it's home, I'm thankful I was born here because of the opportunity and standard of life it's offered me and I love most of the people I get to know here. There's loads of great things about it, and quite a few **** things as well. I'm full of national pride in that sense. I want the national team to do well because people buzz off it when they do.

Being proud of "being British" i.e. an accident of birth and national acheivments you had no part in is a load of bollocks for people with no life though. Why be proud of an accident of birth?

Do you see Scotland or Wales or Ireland's players behaving as consistently bellendish as England's? Do you see their fans behave in the same small minded, arrogant, aggressive way?

Ah, you are obviously not old enough to remember Scotland playing Wales at Anfield in the 70s. :)

Also, the media hype about England does my head in. The Scum and The Mirror would have you believing Lampard's better than Xavi.

I remember the BBC at one point saying that Milner is as good as Ozil.

He'll retire from England after the Euro's to concentrate on his domestic career and allow a younger crew through to take England on for the next 10 years or so.

It'll be made to look quite chivalrous but he will in fact just look like a racist donkey being put out to pasture. And there will be no tears here.

They don't have to. I just think its a bit ****. National pride is a good thing. And there's a distinct lack of it.
That's an opinion I don't share at all.
There are lots of good things done by English people both on an individual level and as a nation. But by the same token there are lots of bad things done by English people. If I feel proud about the good things I ahould also feel ashamed about the bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back