• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Terry trial to take place after Euro 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't have to. I just think its a bit ****. National pride is a good thing. And there's a distinct lack of it.
I don't think it really is or isn't.

The whole thing with the rest of the country hating Liverpool and Scousers having an awful reputation which is undeserved makes it hard for me to have any national pride.

I don't know what he said. I just think the fact he shouted and no one reacted tells you the whole story. I wouldn't put it past him though. Just don't think he did this time. Tbh this whole racism thing has got way out of hand. All the 'hang him' 'lock him up for 25 years its as bad as murder lad' is bollocks.

I don't like John Terry one bit but I agree with Azzurri. When I saw the slow mo of 'the comment' I thought he said "blind ****..".

Meh footballers. You don't see the french not supporting the french national team over Ribery, Gouvou etc. I hate a lot of England players but as soon as its Euros and WC time all that goes out the window. Come on England ffs!

Meh footballers. You don't see the french not supporting the french national team over Ribery, Gouvou etc. I hate a lot of England players but as soon as its Euros and WC time all that goes out the window. Come on England ffs!

I'll be honest, how do we know what the French do or don't do. How can anyone know what the whole of France is thinking with regards to the national team situation. It's a massive assumption.

The idea that "they stick together so we should too.." thing is sentimental in a kind of WW2 sense, but is something I swerve personally.

I'd never want England to lose. That's not logical.

Can we just confirm here, that it doesn't matter about his court case or what he did or didn't say. He still is crap and shouldn't be in the England squad for that reason.

I love this country, it's beautiful, it's home, I'm thankful I was born here because of the opportunity and standard of life it's offered me and I love most of the people I get to know here. There's loads of great things about it, and quite a few **** things as well. I'm full of national pride in that sense. I want the national team to do well because people buzz off it when they do.

Being proud of "being British" i.e. an accident of birth and national acheivments you had no part in is a load of bollocks for people with no life though. Why be proud of an accident of birth?

There needs to be a serious cleaning out to be honest. I'm more looking forward to seeing how GB does at the Olympics than England at the Euro's, because it will be full of young, fast, attacking gifted players led by a man in David Beckham who personifies pride in his shirt and puts in a 110% shift even if he isn't the most skillful player out there.

The petulance of some of the players on show in the national team and the digsusting behavour has actually made me support the NZ footy team even though I am born and raised in England.

I don't like John Terry one bit but I agree with Azzurri. When I saw the slow mo of 'the comment' I thought he said "blind ****..".

but he admitted to saying black c-nt didn't he? He said it was taken in the wrong context?

the bloke is racist scumbag and should be banned from football for life in my opinion. Disgusting behaviour and quite frankly his type sums up the FA and England all together

but he admitted to saying black c-nt didn't he? He said it was taken in the wrong context?

the bloke is racist scumbag and should be banned from football for life in my opinion. Disgusting behaviour and quite frankly his type sums up the FA and England all together

He denied it. Stop making up bull****. And even if he did say it in anger, banned from football for life? This is the kind of sensationlist oh my god racism hang him bull**** we don't need. Yes it's wrong and certainly punishable, but it is NOT the end of the world. Of course it shouldnt be tolerated but it is NOT a crime punishable by death. All of the blowing up of stories out of all proportions is irresponcible and spills onto the streets, into parliament, into daily life. And quite frankly it stops stuff being spoken about, it further makes the government pander and pussyfoot around serious issues and it makes everything said about race and racial issues 'racist'. Even the most harmless of jokes are being branded 'racist'. I was on the coach to Liverpool the other night and the hilarious scouse driver went through the M6 Toll and when he was speaking to the toll person (who he knew) he put on this really exaggerated Polish/Russian accent, it was ****ing hilarious. Except to this one stuck up white woman who was mouthing off to her fella who was also amused that the driver was a racist prick. It's getting utterly ridiculous now.

He denied it. Stop making up bull****. And even if he did say it in anger, banned from football for life? This is the kind of sensationlist oh my god racism hang him bull**** we don't need. Yes it's wrong and certainly punishable, but it is NOT the end of the world. Of course it shouldnt be tolerated but it is NOT a crime punishable by death. All of the blowing up of stories out of all proportions is irresponcible and spills onto the streets, into parliament, into daily life. And quite frankly it stops stuff being spoken about, it further makes the government pander and pussyfoot around serious issues and it makes everything said about race and racial issues 'racist'. Even the most harmless of jokes are being branded 'racist'. I was on the coach to Liverpool the other night and the hilarious scouse driver went through the M6 Toll and when he was speaking to the toll person (who he knew) he put on this really exaggerated Polish/Russian accent, it was ****ing hilarious. Except to this one stuck up white woman who was mouthing off to her fella who was also amused that the driver was a racist prick. It's getting utterly ridiculous now.

Terry said he had been responding to accusations from the opposing centre-half that he had used racist language. "I thought Anton was accusing me of using a racist slur against him," he said. "I responded aggressively, saying I never used that term." The key part of the footage, where the England captain said he shouted "Oi, Anton, I never said …", is obscured by Ashley Cole walking across the camera shot.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/24/john-terry-anton-ferdinand-chelsea-qpr

so i'm making up bull**** aye??

and why shouldnt he be banned for life? If i'd called somebody a black c-nt at the match i would expect to be banned for life and rightly so. Your story about the bus driver is completely irrelevant, how can you compare the two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back