• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Terry trial to take place after Euro 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an opinion I don't share at all.
There are lots of good things done by English people both on an individual level and as a nation. But by the same token there are lots of bad things done by English people. If I feel proud about the good things I ahould also feel ashamed about the bad.

Wrong.

I don't feel proud of the good things or ashamed of the bad things. I had no part in them, and oppose what I consider to be the bad things as far as I can i.e. lobbying my mp and protesting when possible. Can't really do any more. Being British or English means **** all to me. I'm a human being and that's all there is to it.

I only watch England if any of our lads are selected for the team, i don't like the regular ********s we're used to watching play as individuals, Terry is one of them and if it's proven he did make racist comments, he should be ****ed off and replaced with Phil Jones or someone young and hungry.

In regards to national pride, i'm not proud atall, infact as soon as my bank acount has £3000 in it i'm off to Australia to fight sharks.

Oh dont get me wrong, Id rather live in Australia or America. For reasons ****ing obvious to most people but not to some on here. This country is going to ****, big time. But I'm proud to be English for shizzle. And it's something that we're made to feel ashamed about. Popcorning on here aside, national pride IS a good thing. Politcal correctness has made it so to say your proud of it means your some sort of Nazi. Funny because we spunked all over that ideology 70 years ago which caused a huge sense of national pride.

Just like the Welsh are proud to be Welsh and the same with the Scottish for some reason.

Oh dont get me wrong, Id rather live in Australia or America. For reasons ****ing obvious to most people but not to some on here. This country is going to ****, big time. But I'm proud to be English for shizzle. And it's something that we're made to feel ashamed about. Popcorning on here aside, national pride IS a good thing. Politcal correctness has made it so to say your proud of it means your some sort of Nazi. Funny because we spunked all over that ideology 70 years ago which caused a huge sense of national pride.

Just like the Welsh are proud to be Welsh and the same with the Scottish for some reason.

I don't think there is much wrong with being proud of where you are from, Its when 'pride' is actually something uglier and nurtures hatred for some one else who is deemed 'other' to you. Mind you, Evertonian do the same thing all the time. We're proud but have a hatred of the lot from across the park. Or some of the more feral amongst do. And I mean foaming at the mouth hate. Back to being proud to be English. Can't understand why anybody would be. I'm not. So many ubertwunts make up the populace. Hideous bunch. I beat myself daily.

What you don't realise is that I've felt this way since before anybody used the expression 'political correctness' I don't give a shizzle what's politically correct. I do however find national pride morally objectionable.

I know your messing, but who cares if England has loads of [Poor language removed]? Everywhere does. They're nothing to do with me.

How is it wrong. I understand Blue 1's posture that you feel neither coz you haven't participated in the acts. That's consistant.

Soldier's who faught for and gave their lives for our country would be ****ing spinning in their graves. 'I'm not proud to be English, the place is full of [Poor language removed]'. Pfft. That's all I'm gonna say on this matter now.

And I'm glad those soldiers did what they did, and will always be grateful to them and don't forget their sacrifice. Proud, no. There's no pride in war. They were fighting fascism, not for some abstract concept of "Britishness".

And I'm glad those soldiers did what they did, and will always be grateful to them and don't forget their sacrifice. Proud, no. There's no pride in war. They were fighting fascism, not for some abstract concept of "Britishness".

They were fighting fascism and also defending our country, because after Poland and France, we would have been next. I'm not going to apologise for being proud to be English. Not one ****ing bit.

Not asking you to mate. Each to their own. Whatever floats your boat. Just trying to explain that its an alien concept to me. Defending our country from fascism - fighting it. Same thing.

No your right fighting is wrong on all levels. Should have just accepted what Hitler was doing, or challenge him to a tree hugging contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back