John Textor / Everton Takeover

I guess your point on our loss to Bournemouth has some bearing on our glass half full interpretation and yes, not a great deal more than what we know and surmise about the situation but it just puts into perspective how far away from any resolution we actually are.

I get your point though.
Yes mate, we're miles off a resolution. But things can move very fast and unexpectedly. Remember Moshiri buying the club? Done in a relatively very short time.

We should be prepared for that eventuality again. If not from Textor then others. The club have tooo much going for the situation to be otherwise.

Some day in the near future we'll wake up and 'bang', club sold.

And Elvis is dead.

Not sure why people hang on his every word.
We all know the situation , it's not ground breaking news from him.

I'le repeat this
Why would anyone involved with deal tell him anything ?
At the very least it could compromise any outcome , that's why there's an "Exclusivity period"
It still may or may not happen as with most complex takeover deals . So until then there will be no news. Plus it certainly won't be divulged to a journo wanting a scoop.
Exactly.

It's like Everton has to be an entertainment hub - there to provide reporters with their latest instalment of our business.

The utter hard faced presumption of these people that they should have our club on speed dial to hand them their next piece of copy so they can satisfy their editors.

Could be.

My default position has always been this: we fans dont know what the full situation is and neither do the 'wellsourced' journalists.

What you saw today from Matt Slater was someone frustrated that they're on the outside and and dont have the foggiest, really, about what's going on. So they use the fact that nothing is being fed to them as 'proof' that nothing is, in fact, going on.

Laughing here reading this @davek

Crazy funny, even for you

You're ranting and raving about journalists, just because they aren't saying what you want them to say

🤷‍♂️
I'm not ranting and raving on them. I didn't want to even listen to their muck but was persuaded into listening.

I'm relaxed when I say that Slater knows the square root of f.a. about Everton's inner workings.

He looked very irritated in that interview just because the club wouldn't give him his next fix of info. The semi-literate hack.

I'm not ranting and raving on them. I didn't want to even listen to their muck but was persuaded into listening.

I'm relaxed when I say that Slater knows the square root of f.a. about Everton's inner workings.

He looked very irritated in that interview just because the club wouldn't give him his next fix of info. The semi-literate hack.

That's just Matt Slater and how he looks and talks normally 🤷‍♂️

Yes mate, we're miles off a resolution. But things can move very fast and unexpectedly. Remember Moshiri buying the club? Done in a relatively very short time.

We should be prepared for that eventuality again. If not from Textor then others. The club have tooo much going for the situation to be otherwise.

Some day in the near future we'll wake up and 'bang', club sold.
I think that is the most likely outcome.

Commentators are saying nothing is happening because they don't know what is happening.
We all know Textor is trying to structure a deal. We know that he has to dispose of his Palace shares first .
However we have no idea what the deal will be, if there are to be minority shareholders.
I have little doubt there is a lot happening and also other investors in the wings waiting.

I said good sources...
Group Slater with the Esk and Paul Brown

You do know he writes for the same publication as Greg O'Keefe?

I'll wait for John Textor to confirm

I am aware where Greg O'Keefe writes.

Just sat lauging at the conspiracy theories coming from you 🤣. Hilarious

You attack Kieran Maguire whenever he says something you don't like @davek. You're doing the same with Matt Slater

This is a well defined routine with you Dave :coffee:

Yet oftentimes these people you go attacking in this way, simply because you don't like what they are saying, are proven right 🙄

O’Keefe, I forgot about him. Haven’t seen anything he’s written for a while about us.

Is he still in the clubs pocket?

Greg O'Keefe is a turd of an individual. I was calling him out over the client journalism for the likes of Denise Barrett-Baxendale well before "headlock gate". Well documented

Greg O'Keefe was passing information to the club trying to spoil the AllTogetherNow protest activities. Why EFC press releases and "Moshiri statements" and letters (written by the club) appeared just before protests etc. When AllTogetherNow stopped giving Greg O'Keefe information... who informed, Kenwright and Co. it stopped the preemptive press releases

Wouldn't ever give Greg O'Keefe the time of day myself.

Last edited:
Greg O'Keefe is a turd of an individual. I was calling him out over the client journalism for the likes of Denise Barrett-Baxendale well before "headlock gate". Well documented

Greg O'Keefe was passing information to the club trying to spoil the AllTogetherNow protest activities. Why EFC press releases and "Moshiri statements" and letters (written by the club) appeared just before protests etc. When AllTogetherNow stopped giving Greg O'Keefe information... who informed, Kenwright and Co. it stopped the preemptive press releases

Wouldn't ever give Greg O'Keefe the time of day myself.
How do you know this?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back