John Textor

Any news on Textor please?
You'd have hoped, given that this is a thread devoted to his potential takeover, but looking at today's posts, chance would be a fine thing.

I don't ever want to use the ignore button, but there is a lot of non-takeover talk on here that would be a relief to get removed

So, who owns us today? Still Moshiri?

Has Textor sold his Crystal Palace shares yet? 🤷‍♂️
I think it likely that if Textor is to take control at Everton , that his Palace shares will be sold at the same time.
He can't have shares in two clubs and will probably avoid having no share in any club.
I don't expect to hear of a deal about his Palace shares until a deal with Moshiri is agreed.... if that ever happens of course.

If the Ukraine war ends, sanctions will likely be ended as per a peace agreement settlement.

I was convinced Moshiri wanted to sell the club, but following TFG debacle, I am starting to come around to the theory of him waiting for the war to end.

Usmanov would come in and pay off debts to TFG/777, reinstate the sponsors and give us a big naming rights deal for BMD. We would want for nothing financially.

As much as I dislike Donald Trump, if he gets in then that war likely ends sooner rather than later.

Usmanov, smo or no smo would never have been anything but the financeer and shadow owner of the club. He would never ever have been one the visible owner.

Regardless of what happens none of that would change. Owning a premier league team draws a huge amount of attention, something all his life he's done his very best to avoid having focus on him.

I think it likely that if Textor is to take control at Everton , that his Palace shares will be sold at the same time.
He can't have shares in two clubs and will probably avoid having no share in any club.
I don't expect to hear of a deal about his Palace shares until a deal with Moshiri is agreed.... if that ever happens of course.
He won`t sell his Palace shares, he bought 40% for c£80m then added another 5%, he now wants c£250m-£300m for that 45% shareholding with only 25% voting right.

Who is going to buy 45% share in a club, be the biggest shareholder and constantly getting voted down for that price, it simply isn`t happening and due to being massively over leveraged in the rest of his group he can`t afford to get rid of them at the price she paid, if he was willing to accept the price he paid he could have sold them a year ago.

I agree with the poster that said we can’t be pining our hopes on the outcome of a foreign war. However, I don’t think the removal of sanctions will be a ‘down the track, oh by the way thing’.

The sanctions currently make it impossible for any Russian individual or company to do business with the West, so I think the sanctions will be a key point in negotiating peace. They will be an important part of the peace negotiations, and won’t be an afterthought.

Maybe certain individuals will remain sanctioned, maybe not, but the blanket ban on business with Russian entities will come to a swift end imo.

Business is being done in a huge scale mate still.

The only difference is both sides are using effectively a mix of shell corporations and third parties to do the business now

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back