John Textor

maybe but who knows what other deals were in the works that didnt come to fruition.
As for his shares, he bought in for 80m, didnt get the say he wanted and now wants out for more.
He wont sell till he gets an acceptable price. I'm not sure how this is a red flag. Seems like a smart investment to me.
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because I'm not sure I can handle more depressing everton takeover news

It's only a smart investment if he gets a profit on it. At the moment, he doesn't. And if he gets out for roughly what he paid, he'd have been better off putting the dough in a premium bond.

I'm not trying to be all doom and gloom here. It's just the way I understood it off that podcast. Clearing our debts + the deadwood being off the wage bill + the new stadium is enough to be potentially upbeat about. But the first bit seems a way off at the moment.

It's only a smart investment if he gets a profit on it. At the moment, he doesn't. And if he gets out for roughly what he paid, he'd have been better off putting the dough in a premium bond.

I'm not trying to be all doom and gloom here. It's just the way I understood it off that podcast. Clearing our debts + the deadwood being off the wage bill + the new stadium is enough to be potentially upbeat about. But the first bit seems a way off at the moment.
Right but he took a chance on Palace. Seems like it hasn't worked out. The other stake holders will buy him out at what he invested or slightly above.
Basically, he took a bet on palace that, it hasnt worked out, he'll get his stake back.
He can and is trying for more.
I really don't see Parish's unwillingness to relinquish any control and Textor moving on with his original stake plus some as a red flag.

Listening to that Athletic podcast, Textor seems naive at best, a bit of a clown at worst. Didn't do his due diligence with Lyon and went into Palace thinking he can convince Parish to run the club his way even though he only has a minority share. Seems exactly the sort of cavalier buffoon Moshiri was when he bought us. Spending other people's money in the hope there will be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And this guy is our saviour... God help us.

I agree

But it’s not as if there is a huge queue of folks looking to buy the club at the minute.

And we really need the ownership sorting out ASAP otherwise the club will remain in this state or worse

View attachment 272583
County road when the Ukraine war is declared over
1725895614742.webp

I’ve actually seen the real thing
It’s massive , not as big as @Damo_1878 brain but big enough

Last I heard (about a week ago) he was still trying to buy MORE Palace shares. This is after he's said he would sell his. (which he doesnt seem keen to)

Its like he's trying to use interest in one club to strengthen is position in another.
Afternoon
Could you share your thoughts on your clubs new manager please
Be interesting to hear a fans view

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back