John Textor

…..from what I can see, other than a potential delay caused by selling his Palace shares nobody is objecting to this fella taking us over. I understand the process concerns but I take the consensus about the man himself as a positive.

A United GOT.

He's certainly a wealthy man, but a lot of his football acquisitions are built on access to debt as far as I can tell from the limited stuff I've read so far. It's not quite the house of cards that 777 was, but you'd want a deal which involved a substantial amount of equity rather than a mountain of debt, so the devil will be in the detail.

As an individual, I can't say I know a great deal about him other than the videos of him ranting about refs etc

You just keep denying what is written in black and white in the rulebook.

Clearly you have no comprehension about what the meaning of "indirect" and/or "beneficial interest" means.
I know how a court would interpret them but I have no idea how the EPL would apply them in this particular fact pattern. Anyway, it's largely irrelevant because Moshiri is doing what he wants as usual which is completely allowed under the rules.

I know how a court would interpret them but I have no idea how the EPL would apply them in this particular fact pattern. Anyway, it's largely irrelevant because Moshiri is doing what he wants as usual which is completely allowed under the rules.

It isn't though. Just like what he and Kenwright did over PSR was not allowed under the Rules

…..we know Friedkin wasn’t a communicator, is there any indication Textor engages with fanbase?
Oh yes he does, and he does it well. This is probably his main asset. He is loved in Botafogo, and he made appearances at Lyon youth Academy which were highly praised by the followers (the Academy is very important here). He knows what he is doingwith the fanbase.

As a lawyer , happily retired I may add , this is a very interesting academic point.

I fear that on a strict interpretation our friend Damo may be correct in law.

However UEFA recently accepted a blind trust for Brexit Jim's shareholding in Nice to allow them to play in the same competition as United.

Obviously, unlike Damo , I haven't got a scooby what the wording of the UEFA rules are and frankly I've no great interest.

The more practical issue with Mr Textor may be that he actually needs the Dosh from the sale of his Palace shares to make the deal.

I used to prefer it when we chatted rubbish about football rather than the business of football.

Ah well , season starts tomorrow.
Gone are the days m8 !!
Sadly it's all business data, Stats (XG) But every now and then we are lucky enough to get a pic of some painfully looking fridge contents..

In fact I wanna see 'Textor's' fridge pic before he has the audacity to try and get his hands on our club...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back