John Textor / Everton Takeover

That must have been resolved to the PL's satisfaction: some vehicle set up to get round it or time condition imposed on Textor.

I dont see this feller as a time waster...I mean, who knows if he is, but he doesn't come across that way. 🤷‍♂️

Only difference between him and Friedkin is that you hated the prospect of playing second fiddle to Roma.

It's the fact that he's obviously going to be low balled by Palace for his shares, as everyone knows he needs to get rid. The only way this makes any sense is if like you say they've the PL told Parish or whoever is paying AND Moshiri is giving him an unreal deal to buy the club, otherwise him rushing like this makes absolutely no sense.

He can put them in a blind trust.

The Esk will double down

"Hes only interested in self promotion and selling his shares"

...think that was it wasnt it?

Welcome our Textorian overlord.

Have some concern about him to be honest.

When you look under the hood, the question is where is the money coming from?

Think he might be a more upfront 777.
It's only sensible to be that way about any owner. I'm sure they all have their drawbacks in some respect.

The multi-club thing is a turn off for me, although at least we'd be the flagship club in his portfolio.

That must have been resolved to the PL's satisfaction: some vehicle set up to get round it or time condition imposed on Textor.

I dont see this feller as a time waster...I mean, who knows if he is, but he doesn't come across that way. 🤷‍♂️
If he has the proof of funds and the willingness to take on the debt, he'll know why the last crowd backed off so can't use 777 as an excuse, then this could be done quickly enough given that he's already a "fit and proper" PL owner, although the PL passed Moshiri as fit and proper too so maybe we shouldn't look into that as a good thing.

Wonder if he has done this because things are moving on the 777 legal case. Various motions to dismiss issued by 777 and others as well as talk of offers to settle being made. If it gets resolved then Friedkin would be back in and this agreement would stop that from happening

Do they invest money into the group?

Question always is - where is the money coming from.

Heard a whisper they are going to float Eagle Football Group on the stock exchange and the attraction of Everton for them is exposure to the PL as value and legitimacy.
Well we don't know for sure but would a billionaire be sitting on the board without skin in the game, I don't know.

What we do know is there is serious money there, because Lyon were far from cheap

Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 15.10.33.png

It's the fact that he's obviously going to be low balled by Palace for his shares, as everyone knows he needs to get rid. The only way this makes any sense is if like you say they've the PL told Parish or whoever is paying AND Moshiri is giving him an unreal deal to buy the club, otherwise him rushing like this makes absolutely no sense.
I wouldn't say he's rushing at all.

Like all business opportunities timing is everything , he threw his hat in the ring a good while ago . Even admitting there were others interested that would be ahead of him due to his shares in Palace.
Looks like things have aligned for him and he's made his bid which has been accepted.

I think this will get done.

Not a time waster but he is a serious loose cannon who WILL cause us problems at some point if he gets control Dave. He has accused refs of being corrupt (which has backfired on him and his team) and is now accusing PSG of allsorts and they want him to apologise or they will take the matter further. He might have money but he is a troublemaker.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.