John Textor

My gut feeling is that Textor's risktaking will be higher than Friedkin's and this may well be the one that gets done in spite of the known issues.
Presumably he is fully aware of the reasons the previous deal collapsed, so he must be comfortable with the risk on that point at least. Otherwise why bother going into this process.

Its still going to be a long process before we know if the deal will complete, but I tend to agree with you that it feels like this could be the one.

Only difference between him and Friedkin is that you hated the prospect of playing second fiddle to Roma.

Lots of difference between Textor and Friedkin Group.

For one, Friedkin didnt want to cough up the dough...just let the debt roll on and on with the club paying it off forever.

That must have been resolved to the PL's satisfaction: some vehicle set up to get round it or time condition imposed on Textor.

I dont see this feller as a time waster...I mean, who knows if he is, but he doesn't come across that way. 🤷‍♂️

I agree, he's the one person who has been pretty vocal about his motives and has seemingly followed through with them thus far.

If he has the proof of funds and the willingness to take on the debt, he'll know why the last crowd backed off so can't use 777 as an excuse, then this could be done quickly enough given that he's already a "fit and proper" PL owner, although the PL passed Moshiri as fit and proper too so maybe we shouldn't look into that as a good thing.
Yep.

It's looking - dare I say it - very encouraging.

1723731153120.webp

I would rather Friedkin. Thing is now though Moshiri and wider club will look even more farcical than it currently is if another period of exclusivity fails.

On the face of it one would assume the TFG debt is paid off by Textor and some arrangement made to escrow the 777 debt. I'm not sure the former will happen though and actually do think that Friedkin may eventually take equity. I doubt he envisaged the club being bought out as quickly as this after he left the table, if it materializes.

Think it may still take best part of the next year for this to be resolved ultimately so from that viewpoint, whilst this is probably more of a good news development, it may not be how things pan out in the end. I'm not keen on Textor assuming full ownership.

Not a time waster but he is a serious loose cannon who WILL cause us problems at some point if he gets control Dave. He has accused refs of being corrupt (which has backfired on him and his team) and is now accusing PSG of allsorts and they want him to apologise or they will take the matter further. He might have money but he is a troublemaker.

Yep. I did say he comes across as a loony. But maybe it means also we wont be pushed around as easy.

Next Monday: “John Textor has loaned Blue Nonsense Holdings £200m”.

6 weeks: “Everton and Textor have mutually decided to not continue with negotiations due to Textor being disgusted with Mason Holgates last minute concession of 2 penalties.”

He is clearly keen. Hopefully he is the right sort of billionaire lunatic masochist this time.
Blue Nonsense Holdings hahahha

It's only sensible to be that way about any owner. I'm sure they all have their drawbacks in some respect.

The multi-club thing is a turn off for me, although at least we'd be the flagship club in his portfolio.

Instinctively i dont like the smell of it for a few reasons and he strikes me as loose cannon.

It would go a long way to reassuring me, if i could see where the money would be coming from here and also where its coming from in the future.

What's backing him...........

I agree, he's the one person who has been pretty vocal about his motives and has seemingly followed through with them thus far.
Stepping back once to allow others their chance was a decent way of impressing the fanbase. Coming back in when those others shat it will gain him even more brownie points.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back